Arrested Development Returning

Hobo

Really? I love that episode. I just love the idea that the Bluths are so clueless that they don't even know what hermano means, which is like a super super basic Spanish word.

"You’re a good guy, mon frere. That means 'brother' in French. I don’t know why I know that. I took four years of Spanish!"
  • Like 2

Season 3 only really bothered me because I wasn't a fan in the least of the whole Rita storyline - and I never saw anything past that as much because I usually would tire of the Rita business and move onto something else. Recently though, I made a point of going through and watching the episodes that were post-Rita and I enjoyed them quite a bit.

Season 3 is an odd one because it's so clear that they got cancelled halfway through. You have a fairly slow-burning storyline with Rita, and the suggestions of what George Sr. might have done...and then that's all done away with really quickly, and suddenly it's SHIT RESOLVE EVERYTHING in a couple of episodes.

Just finished episode 9, Smashed, with Tobias. So freaking great. The one-two punch of Lindsay and Tobias episodes were so great. They compliment eachother so well. Honestly, I feel the luke-warm reception to the season will be revisited in a few years from now. This season is fantastic. Completely different approach, but one that is... almost better? I think the original episodes are so fantastic and are just rapid fire funny. This is completely different though than any other television season I've seen before. They've structured it like a hour long HBO drama, but a comedy. So great.

• Like 1

Finished season 4 and I want more.

It all felt so unforced and natural, which is a problem revivals of shows tend to have. Red Dwarf X though funny, is still kind of unnecessary and feels tacked on. Season 4 of Arrested Development however feels right.

• Like 1

There was an interview/article that pretty much confirms that Hurwitz and Netflix have agreed to do more, so now it's a matter of getting scheduling to line up.

• Like 3

I've seen that joke from fans too many times at this point, sadly. /r/arresteddevelopment is great but it's derailed too many fan speculation threads.

Bold statement time, but after watching the George Michael episode... people will in hindsight believe the fourth season is the best. The first three seasons are great and gorgeous, but the fourth season is hands down the best.

To elaborate - I feel like the approach they did on Season 4 is how they should (and would) have done the show from the beginning. The show has always been about layers and depth in humor; the approach in season 4 wholly extends that to plot.

• Like 1

I don't think the character focused episodes from the start would've worked because by season 4 we knew all the characters.