The Mass Effect Thread

Benji

Had a couple productive multi rounds. We died on wave 10 both times but I finished 3rd instead of last on the rankings! :w00t: Also trying to grab some achievments but I dont know how to level a weapon to 10. I thought it only goes to 5?

I believe you can get it in multi, OR if you start a new game with your character. but I could be wrong.

Also, ending spoiler!

Not sure if anyone has been talking about the Indoctrination theory, but I like it. Plus, this video is very well done and put together.

Had a couple productive multi rounds. We died on wave 10 both times but I finished 3rd instead of last on the rankings! :w00t: Also trying to grab some achievments but I dont know how to level a weapon to 10. I thought it only goes to 5?

If you start a new game in single player you can go past level 5 with the weapons or you can reach level 10 with a weapon in multiplayer. You just have to collect that card in the packs. For example I got the achievement when my Avenger reached level 10 in multiplayer.

Edited by Don Ready Slacker

I keep hearing how bad the ending is and that they are making a new one. Should I just not finish the game until the new ending comes out then?

BioWare are not going to make a new ending. However, they are working on DLC that will (sadly, I guess) expand on the original ending and provide closure and explanation for what in the actual fuck was going on.

Okay, let's make one thing perfectly clear.

ME3 was not meant to be the end of the series. I've seen it mentioned here to that end a few times, and I would like to point out that this was not the case going as far back as late last year. People are confusing the ending for Shepard as the ending for the series, which is not the case. It is (possibly) Shepard's exit from the franchise, but the ending you get in ME3 is meant to have repercussions that would be resolved in future titles. So if you griped about this ending not having closure, know that it's because the story is not done being told.

Okay, let's make one thing perfectly clear.

ME3 was not meant to be the end of the series. I've seen it mentioned here to that end a few times, and I would like to point out that this was not the case going as far back as late last year. People are confusing the ending for Shepard as the ending for the series, which is not the case. It is (possibly) Shepard's exit from the franchise, but the ending you get in ME3 is meant to have repercussions that would be resolved in future titles. So if you griped about this ending not having closure, know that it's because the story is not done being told.

If that is the point, the ending makes even less sense. Everyone is stranded in the Sol system and can go nowhere since all the Mass Relays have been destroyed. Plus, to me, it is more the fact that whatever you did in the previous games has no point because none of it matters. The only thing that matters is if you saved the Collector Base and even then, you'll get the same ending with slight color variations. A lot of people are complaining that there isn't a happy ending but that doesn't bother me the slightest; Shepard's martyrdom made for a beautiful ending to his story. It is the complete non-scensical way it comes around that bugs me.

I believe you can get it in multi, OR if you start a new game with your character. but I could be wrong.

Also, ending spoiler!

Not sure if anyone has been talking about the Indoctrination theory, but I like it. Plus, this video is very well done and put together.

I mentioned it in my post in the last page, but I didn't go into detail.

I personally feel the theory has a pretty good foundation and the way they show it in the video it's almost believable. Not sure though, can still be BioWare screwing the pooch.

Also, ending spoiler!

I personally feel the theory has a pretty good foundation and the way they show it in the video it's almost believable. Not sure though, can still be BioWare screwing the pooch.

I have faith in Bioware. I believe that this is what they wanted all along.

Also, ending spoiler!

I have faith in Bioware. I believe that this is what they wanted all along.

I come to hate the indoctrination theory. Because it is largely speculation by fans. And I am sure that it the mess of an ending is EA's fault for pushing the game out too soon, and that it has nothing clever about it. However, this theory gives them a ready made excuse to say, "Yeah, that was totally the point all along", and not, "Yeah, we fucked up, sorry fans who had been waiting for five years for an ending".

The thing is it's already been dropped in an interview somewhere that Shep was gonna be fighting indoctrination. So it is something they intended to be involved.

It was. But then they cut it out. But they were lazy and didn't cut it all out. So, in essence, the current ending does not fit at all to the game. But alas, because of the endless speculation, it gives them a ready made excuse.

Yeah, I can't wait to continue the story of Mass Effect with no mass relays and no way of travelling out of the system I'm in.

If Hollywood has taught us anything, it's that anything can be continued for any reason. I chalk it up to 'keep ya hats on'.

I haven't read about the ending yet or beaten it but fuck that. How many games can they do that for? The ending for 2 was kind of weak because just wait it will all resolve in 3 and now the same thing is going to happen with this one?

The thing is it's already been dropped in an interview somewhere that Shep was gonna be fighting indoctrination. So it is something they intended to be involved.

It was. But then they cut it out. But they were lazy and didn't cut it all out. So, in essence, the current ending does not fit at all to the game. But alas, because of the endless speculation, it gives them a ready made excuse.

Yeah, they cut out the important chunk of it. But maybe the video's are right. I like to think they are, because it's an abysmal ending.

Yeah, they cut out the important chunk of it. But maybe the video's are right. I like to think they are, because it's an abysmal ending.

For me the biggest head-scratcher in the whole ending is the whole bleeding stomach thing. You shoot Anderson and somehow when Shepard touches his stomach and looks at his hand it's drenched in blood. And they gave it a remarkable close up for something that would otherwise be insignificant. It's one of the few thing that is very hard to explain, because Marauder Shields shot him in the shoulder and he never touched that part... It's one of a few head scratcher where I went ''Bio wouldn't... Or would they?'' That part makes the indoctrination idea a lot more plausible...

And for people who finished the game with the destruct option and 5000+ manpower the whole he wakes up in rubble is also a head scratcher. One moment he stands in space and no way anyone can survive rapid re-entry of the atmosphere, not even Shepard.

I can see Bioware do it, but I think EA might have pulled out that ending with a business plan in mind.

I haven't read about the ending yet or beaten it but fuck that. How many games can they do that for? The ending for 2 was kind of weak because just wait it will all resolve in 3 and now the same thing is going to happen with this one?

For Shepard, it's resolved. It's kind of a dick way to think about it, but they did achieve what they set out to do.

For Shepard, it's resolved. It's kind of a dick way to think about it, but they did achieve what they set out to do.

Ending spoiler.

Resolved..? He woke up on Earth. :\

Ending spoiler.

Resolved..? He woke up on Earth. :\

If your EMS Rating is high enough, it shows Shep shifting around, but that's a hidden ending. The main three endings consider Shep killed.