The Mass Effect Thread

Benji

I'm at the ending, and the game seriously glitched - 100% reputation, and...

I can't convince the Illusive Man to kill himself. Ah well. The ending was as expected, but even now, witnessing it, I'm still totally pissed off that destroying the Reapers means destroying the Geth. And EDI... Not to mention all of the plot holes in the ending, including the two team members that were just with you on Earth somehow wound up on the Normandy. Damn Electronic Arts all to hell. I'm blaming them, because I seriously doubt that BioWare would do something as half-assed or nihilistic as this ending without giving some closure. Hell, even Knights of the Old Republic II, with its insanely weird and messed-up ending out in the middle of nowhere, still felt like your actions meant something in the end. This... really didn't. The post-credits cut scene was even more confusing than everything else.

EA may have kept BioWare alive, but the cost seems to be greater than just money.

Watch the 'Indoctrination theory' video. It will make you feel better.

I'm at the ending, and the game seriously glitched - 100% reputation, and...

I can't convince the Illusive Man to kill himself. Ah well. The ending was as expected, but even now, witnessing it, I'm still totally pissed off that destroying the Reapers means destroying the Geth. And EDI... Not to mention all of the plot holes in the ending, including the two team members that were just with you on Earth somehow wound up on the Normandy. Damn Electronic Arts all to hell. I'm blaming them, because I seriously doubt that BioWare would do something as half-assed or nihilistic as this ending without giving some closure. Hell, even Knights of the Old Republic II, with its insanely weird and messed-up ending out in the middle of nowhere, still felt like your actions meant something in the end. This... really didn't. The post-credits cut scene was even more confusing than everything else.

EA may have kept BioWare alive, but the cost seems to be greater than just money.

Your reputation has nothing to do with talking the Illusive Man into shooting himself. Yes, your reputation allows you to use Charm/Intimidate responses with him, but you have to use those responses every time you talk to TIM throughout the entire game in order to unlock that last one and be able to talk him into pulling a Saren. If you miss just one, you have to do the Renegade interrupt and shoot him yourself.

Has anyone taken EDI into the final battle and destroyed the synthetics? I'd be curious to see if she shows up in the Normandy cutscene anyway.

My guess, she will show up there anyways because 'indoctrination'!

That's going to be my answer regarding everything for the ending. I refuse to believe they fucked up and stuff :shifty:

Got a quick question.

I've just talked to the Asari councillor in Udina's office, starting the priority mission on Thessia. How far away am I from the end? Do I have a few missions left or am I pretty much in the final third of the game?

Got a quick question.

I've just talked to the Asari councillor in Udina's office, starting the priority mission on Thessia. How far away am I from the end? Do I have a few missions left or am I pretty much in the final third of the game?

That's the third to last mission. You do Thessia, Cerberus, Earth. Make sure you do everything you need to (side missions, N7, citadel quests, multiplayer) before Cerberus.

Got a quick question.

That's the third to last mission. You do Thessia, Cerberus, Earth. Make sure you do everything you need to (side missions, N7, citadel quests, multiplayer) before Cerberus.

I'd also recommend talking to everybody you can on the ship. It winds up being rather interesting, especially the conversations with Liara and Javik - provided you have the From Ashes DLC. But you pretty much wind up not being able to do anything except go to Earth after the Cerberus mission - except, of course, talking with your crew, which you should do again, just for the sake of making the story feel worth while. The ending sure as hell won't.

Also, I've seen the Indoctrination theory, and having played through the end, it does make a lot of sense. Shephard gets blasted by rubble from the Reaper beam, sending him unconscious. There's just too many plot holes without it. Somehow, he's now out of his armor with only a pistol. However, the husks move just a bit slowly, and the Marauder doesn't even shoot at you so much as it just stands there and lets you kill it. Then you get that huge conversation, with you at the heart of the Citadel dealing with a crap load of circular logic. And of course, only choosing to Destroy the Reapers lets you wake up on Earth. Methinks the whole "Normandy escapes and lands on a garden planet with the two people that were flanking you in the final assault already aboard," thing was a give-away that Shephard was hallucinating that his ship mates survived the whole ordeal.

As a side note, I'm all played out. I'm probably not gonna' be on XBL for the next week.

I just got disconnected from the server right as it said Mission Successful or whatever it says. I better get credit for that! I am going to be so fucking pissed if I don't.

Ok I just got back on. I fucking didnt! It was over! What the fuck?? I just wasted 20 minutes for nothing. Assholes

I have finally started playing this and am enjoying it, bar a glitch where I got to end of a mission on Tuchanka just for the Harvester to never appear. Frustration central. I played online yesterday for the first time and got through one bronze medal thingy, was good fun.

I'm only up to the missions on Rannoch, and so far I've been loving it, I know people hate the ending but I'll come to that when I get there. So far, I think it's been awesome, except I think the mission I'm on has just jumped the shark.

Rannoch : Geth Squadron mission spoilers:

Shepherd uploaded to the Geth virtual world? Shooting data clusters and viruses? What the fuck? I know it's explained in the game but its just so silly, it's like something out of an episode of Futurama.

So who's down for some multiplayer? Am good to go if anyone else is on.

Gamertag: Mask of Norro

Popping online now-- wasn't expecting responses that fast, was just seeing if anyone would be on tonight :shifty:

If you're online, friend request me and let's get this shit started!

I'll be on a bit later still! Although I suck and I have no mic either since my current one is missing its 360 cord :(

Rannoch : Geth Squadron mission spoilers:

Shepherd uploaded to the Geth virtual world? Shooting data clusters and viruses? What the fuck? I know it's explained in the game but its just so silly, it's like something out of an episode of Futurama.

That was one of my favourite parts of the game for that very reason

:lol:

So I've been given the Priority : Thessia mission, am I right in thinking this like the third last priority mission?

Because I downloaded the From Ashes DLC and not once have I ever came across the message telling me about the mission. Which is fucking lame if I need to start another game just to play it.