The Mass Effect Thread

Benji

I just now realized this.

In spite of saving the Citadel and having his own ship, Shephard never gets promoted. Alenko, if he lived through the first Mass Effect, actually gets promoted ABOVE Shephard. So why the hell isn't Alenko commanding the ship, or pulling rank, if you get him on board? Shouldn't the dude be higher in the military echelon? At least a Captain.

On an unrelated note, has anyone read the ME novels? Any good?

I have read "Revelation" and "Ascension", neither are amazing literary works but if you are a fan of Mass Effect, you'll definitely enjoy them. Honestly, I have heard that those two and "Retribution" are worth checking out. Just stay clear of "Deception", the newest book. Not only it is filled with plotholes concerning the canon timeline and events but also has tonnes of factual errors about the races and the universe. BioWare has said they will fix the mistakes, though, so it is just a waiting game for that one. I guess that is what happens when you get rid of the guy who practically invented the entire universe and wrote the three first books. :P

I hope all you whiners are happy! :shifty:ME3 is getting DLC that will have additional cutscenes to explain everything.

Just kidding around, going to be interesting to see what additional content and explanation is there, along with if it will satisfy people who were upset with the ending or make it worse. Oh, it's free too.

• Like 1

Positive side.

This pretty much tells us that they did not plan to sell the ending at a later date. A quater of a year to develop sounds like a good enough cycle to give us more than just 5 minutes of extra cutsceenes.

Negative side.

They were serious about this being the end of the story, holy shit. I know most people are just bitching about the last 5-10 Minutes but to me it felt like there was 1/3 of ME3 missing the second you went to

TIMs base.

I wonder if they were like "Fuck, what the crowd argues actually makes more sense than what we delivered..."

I wonder if I have to beat all the end stuff again now. That would be annoying. I mean I'll do it but I'm hoping not to have to.

I wonder if my auto-save goes far back enough. And I wonder if I would change my decision....

Here is a mini FAQ to help you understand what the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut is and isn’t:

What can fans expect from the Extended Cut DLC?

For fans who want more closure in Mass Effect 3, the DLC will offer extended scenes that provide additional context and deeper insight to the conclusion of Commander Shepard’s journey.

Are there going to be more/different endings or ending DLCs in the future?

No. BioWare strongly believes in the team’s artistic vision for the end of this arc of the Mass Effect franchise. The extended cut DLC will expand on the existing endings, but no further ending DLC is planned.

What is BioWare adding to the ending with the Extended Cut DLC?

BioWare will expanding on the ending to Mass Effect 3 by creating additional cinematics and epilogue scenes to the existing ending sequences. The goal of these new scenes is to provide additional clarity and closure to Mass Effect 3.

When will the Extended Cut DLC be available?

Currently the Extended Cut DLC is planned for this summer, no specific date has been announced at this point.

Why are you releasing the Extended Cut DLC?

Though we remain committed and are proud of the artistic choices we made in the main game, we are aware that there are some fans who would like more closure to Mass Effect 3. The goal of the DLC is not to provide a new ending to the game, rather to offer fans additional context and answers to the end of Commander Shepard’s story.

Will there be more Mass Effect 3 DLC?

More content is being planned and we will release information at a later date.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/05/mass-effect-3-extended-cut/

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/06/mass-effect-3-resurgence-pack/

Join the war for Earth in Mass Effect 3! Owners of Mass Effect 3 can download the first multiplayer expansion for no additional cost. The Mass Effect 3 Resurgence Pack adds new unlockable content: deadly weapons, new consumables, and powerful characters for each class in multiplayer, including the Asari Justicar, Batarian, Geth, and Krogan Battlemaster. Additionally, the Mass Effect 3 Resurgence Pack also includes 2 new maps, Firebase Condor and Firebase Hydra. Download this pack on April 10th and take the battle online in the critically acclaimed Mass Effect 3 multiplayer experience.

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Also, this weeks event is just 25% extra XP. I guess they'll be sticking with this bi-weekly system of XP boost and reward system with the card packs.