The Mass Effect Thread

Benji

Game is now freezing for me whenever I try and get to the main menu. Tried twice on Disc 1 and once on Disc 2. :/

Hmmmm, apparently some others have had this issue too. Gonna clear the cahce and try again.

Nap? You are watching Battlestar Galatica. :/

It is a cure for insomniacs, I suppose.

Just looking, my highest guy is Soilder at 18. Got Vanguard at 15 and Eng/Adept at 12. Was just bossing some level 20's with my Eng at 9.

Yeah, it really is unfortunate that the ending wasn't what BioWare promised gamers, much less logical with the rest of the game.

Ah well. I think I might just play through as the ultimate jackass, ME1 through ME3, just for kicks.

Supposedly Bioware is going to address the concerns about the lame ending.

I picked up the game on Wednesday and its great. Really like the addition of melee attacks. My main character imported from ME1 and ME2 is a Vanguard, and a Nova+Biotic Charge combo can seriously f up a Brute.

Only problem is, my net connection is iffy these days, so trying to do multiplayer is a problem. I made an Infiltrator and joined a team for a mission vs. Cerberus and we were kicking serious ass.....then my net died on wave 10 or 11. Got back on later and the two teams I joined after completely sucked (couldn't last more than 4 of 5 waves vs. Reapers), so I quit for the night.

Last night, I made an Adept for multiplayer and like playing it more than the Infiltrator, anyway. Made 5 levels in one mission.

After I get my Geth Infiltrator I'll probably work to promote that and then play around on another class. Will be the first time I'll ever step away from Infiltrator in the series... should be fun.

This is assuming I ever get the Geth Infiltrator. Last pack I bought of the Ultimate Spectre pack or whatever only got me the Krogan Battlemaster and a bunch of upgrades. Not complaining about the Battlemaster but I was expecting one more character, sucked I didn't win out on one.

All I've managed is a fairly naff Geth. I've been playing a Quarian Infiltrator since I unlocked one and it's pretty badass, Tactical Cloak has made the "Disable 4 of this" missions a lot easier to do. I still haven't got a Krogan which sucks, especially seeing as I love using the Shotgun and they're probably the right class to play through one with. (I also got the Gaal Spike Thrower)

I mostly play with Snipers though. Got myself a Widow and I can take out armored enemies in seconds AND I can get Double and even Triple Kills if they line up correctly.

Really want a Batarian or a Krogan though. The Batarian's Melee is badass.

I havent actually played the game but I read one review that complained that certain major decisions from previous games, were glossed over in ME3.

Something in particular I remember them writing about one major decision in a past game, the effects of which being reduced to a mere one line of text in ME3.

Would help if I remembered more.....:shifty:

Anyway is that fair at all? I've got the game so it's not like what you say would stop me from buying it. :P

I havent actually played the game but I read one review that complained that certain major decisions from previous games, were glossed over in ME3.

Something in particular I remember them writing about one major decision in a past game, the effects of which being reduced to a mere one line of text in ME3.

Would help if I remembered more.....:shifty:

Anyway is that fair at all? I've got the game so it's not like what you say would stop me from buying it. :P

It does muck around with certain things, but one thing I wasn't too thrilled about:

Doesn't matter if you killed the Rachni Queen in ME1 or not. Won't say why.

Is that wrist shotgun thing any good? Seems like a good way to save on weight or even carry a third weapon. Or is it a power and you have to wait for it to recharge?

Also, impromptu sesh? Me, you and Norro on...

All i've got so far is the Vanguard Krogan, the Geth SMG up to II, Harpoon Gun and Falcon gun I think it is. The assault rifle that fires mini grenades, I dunno if that one is new or not. Not sure on those last two guns, SMG is pretty good though.

And Ruki will play soon too, apparently.