The Mass Effect Thread

Benji

Only new weapon I've unlocked is the Geth SMG, which isn't super useful as I never use SMGs. Really want that Harpoon gun though, it looks awesome. At this point I'd settle for a Krogan of any kind... feels like no matter how many packs I buy, all I ever get is XP for Humans. :(

Just tried out on Silver and did pretty well, finished the mission against Cerberus. Was all happy with myself, hoping to spend the credits I had on another Spectre pack... and for some reason, it's glitching out and I can't get anything. :(

I have a Krogan now! :w00t: And man, I love him. I liked my Turian Sentinel plenty, but the Krogan is even better. There is nothing more satisfying than the Krogan Melee. I hit 15 Melee kills and 75 kills pretty quickly with it. Definitely going to start trying out some higher level difficulties now that Bronze feels fairly easy. (On Cerberus, at least)

Tonight's multi was a lot of fun. Can't wait for the next one. My Krogan Battlemaster has gotten a lot better since I got him... very different playing so close-range versus my normal Infiltrator style distance game. I like it.

You should get a mic! It's fun to bullshit around with each other on mic ^_^

I'm up for multi a little while later today. Anyone else game?

Man. I'm kicking ass at Bronze, it's almost easy, especially against Cerberus. I had 75 Kills, 15 Melee Kills, 10 Biotic Kills, 10 Waves Survived, 25 Sniper Rifle Kills, 10 Headshots. I finished a game on Silver yesterday that was fairly easy too, though I had a pretty good team. But man, Gold is just something else all together. I tried my first Gold, against Cerberus (easiest, I think) on... whatever the map on the demo was... Firebase White/Snow. And fuck, we got destroyed in like, the first round. The enemies just had so much Shield and HP and there were so many! Everything from Assault Troopers to Nemesis' on the first round, I can't even imagine what the next ones would be like.

Try getting to round 10. I did it in Firebase Glacier against the Geth with an awesome team, but it was practically all Hunters, Primes, and Pyros (in decreasing order of commonality). Didn't even get the money for it.

In other multiplayer news, Norris, Kraig, and I played a round with a random guy, and all three of us were Krogan. We all had Rage amped up, so we just kept doing melee. Funniest part was when we did a three-Krogan mosh pit against a Prime. It didn't even get off a single attack before it went to pieces. More people just need to play games with all Krogan. It would totally change how the game is played.

Firebase White v Geth. One Salarian engie. One ilfiltrator (to do objectives) then the last two go adept or engie. Focus on bio/tech blasts by working together. Justicar is good 'cause of the dome. An engie is good due to overlord and a turret.

Am I doing something wrong with Adept, because it seems like they're really shitty. Maybe it's because my Drell is still low level, but I feel like I'm pretty much seconds from death with the Adept at all times. I usually stick with a Sniper rifle, but I tried with what I assume they're good at (SMG + Pistol) and it still wasn't going great. I love the Melee stuff with the Adept, but the lack of any Shield kind of ruins it.

Drell's aren't great. I love my drell, but they're low on health and shields. The justicar and the other Asari are good. The Justicar can put down a sphere that helps protect but also any enemy in it gets fucked up if hit with warp. So that's a good tactic. Engies smash geth because of tech bursts.