The Mass Effect Thread

Benji

Okay, playing the game, I've discovered glitches within the game itself that have no right being there. From characters disappearing during cut scenes, to Shephard getting trapped in certain places with no way to get out, this game seems unfinished. The plot holes just make it more obvious. EA fucked the dog here. I once again state that this game's crap is due to EA insisting upon keeping the announced release date. Oh, and BioWare fucked up by sending the guy WHO WROTE THE FIRST TWO INSTALLMENTS TO WORK ON ANOTHER GAME.

Ah well. I'll probably still play to the end, anyway. Might as well see Reapers go ka-boom...

EDIT: As a side note, methinks I'm never going to buy another EA game. If this is the quality that I should expect, it isn't worth the money.

Multi with Srar was lots of fun, she saved me loads. Shame I couldn't last a bit longer but I might get be back online later if you are up for it Srar, and anyone else of course.

It's the multiple combat rolls that make me so good ;) Also whats the "deliver most of the war assets" achievment mean? Thats pretty vague

Do all the missions, pretty much. Mainly those ones that you get from wandering around the Citadel where you need to find x item, scan the planets for it and then bring it back. I don't think anyone knows the exact percentage of them you need, but I seem to recall picking it up at some point without noticing.

Just make sure you visit the Citadel between each mission and make sure you scan as many planets as possible. There's guides all over the internet as to what planets have what. I used this guy...

(there's also a text/picture guide and guides for each cluster on his channel)

I mean, you'll probably want to do these anyway if you want the best ending possible.

I finally managed to hijack an Atlas! Took a Javelin V and a bit of luck (i.e. killing the pilot when the glass broke, so it didn't go ka-boom after I breached the cockpit), and I didn't actually get to shoot anything with it, but that's one more achievement down. These are a lot easier to achieve than the ones for Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2. Heck, the replay value of the first Mass Effect is the only reason they even HAD all those achievements.

God, I miss the days before EA bought BioWare...

But anyway, I hijacked an Atlas at quite possibly the last opportunity to do so (since I don't think it's possible in multiplayer), so go me. On to the shitty, illogical, confusing, and plot hole riddled end!

I finally managed to hijack an Atlas! Took a Javelin V and a bit of luck (i.e. killing the pilot when the glass broke, so it didn't go ka-boom after I breached the cockpit), and I didn't actually get to shoot anything with it, but that's one more achievement down. These are a lot easier to achieve than the ones for Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2. Heck, the replay value of the first Mass Effect is the only reason they even HAD all those achievements.

God, I miss the days before EA bought BioWare...

But anyway, I hijacked an Atlas at quite possibly the last opportunity to do so (since I don't think it's possible in multiplayer), so go me. On to the shitty, illogical, confusing, and plot hole riddled end!

I did it at the last chance too! I managed it in the Citadel Assault chapter, but the Atlas got caught facing the wall and I couldn't climb into it. >_>

I'm at the ending, and the game seriously glitched - 100% reputation, and...

I can't convince the Illusive Man to kill himself. Ah well. The ending was as expected, but even now, witnessing it, I'm still totally pissed off that destroying the Reapers means destroying the Geth. And EDI... Not to mention all of the plot holes in the ending, including the two team members that were just with you on Earth somehow wound up on the Normandy. Damn Electronic Arts all to hell. I'm blaming them, because I seriously doubt that BioWare would do something as half-assed or nihilistic as this ending without giving some closure. Hell, even Knights of the Old Republic II, with its insanely weird and messed-up ending out in the middle of nowhere, still felt like your actions meant something in the end. This... really didn't. The post-credits cut scene was even more confusing than everything else.

EA may have kept BioWare alive, but the cost seems to be greater than just money.

I can't convince the Illusive Man to kill himself. Ah well. The ending was as expected, but even now, witnessing it, I'm still totally pissed off that destroying the Reapers means destroying the Geth. And EDI... Not to mention all of the plot holes in the ending, including the two team members that were just with you on Earth somehow wound up on the Normandy. Damn Electronic Arts all to hell. I'm blaming them, because I seriously doubt that BioWare would do something as half-assed or nihilistic as this ending without giving some closure. Hell, even Knights of the Old Republic II, with its insanely weird and messed-up ending out in the middle of nowhere, still felt like your actions meant something in the end. This... really didn't. The post-credits cut scene was even more confusing than everything else.

EA may have kept BioWare alive, but the cost seems to be greater than just money.

Your reputation has nothing to do with talking the Illusive Man into shooting himself. Yes, your reputation allows you to use Charm/Intimidate responses with him, but you have to use those responses every time you talk to TIM throughout the entire game in order to unlock that last one and be able to talk him into pulling a Saren. If you miss just one, you have to do the Renegade interrupt and shoot him yourself.

True, but even with 100 Paragon/Renegade rep, if you miss a single prompt in any conversation with him, you're fucked.

If I remember correctly, one of Mars and Thessia has one, the other has two; and the remaining three prompts are in the conversation aboard the Citadel. You have to hit the first five in order to use the sixth.

Your reputation has nothing to do with talking the Illusive Man into shooting himself. Yes, your reputation allows you to use Charm/Intimidate responses with him, but you have to use those responses every time you talk to TIM throughout the entire game in order to unlock that last one and be able to talk him into pulling a Saren. If you miss just one, you have to do the Renegade interrupt and shoot him yourself.

Has anyone taken EDI into the final battle and destroyed the synthetics? I'd be curious to see if she shows up in the Normandy cutscene anyway.