The Mass Effect Thread

Benji

I haven't read about the ending yet or beaten it but fuck that. How many games can they do that for? The ending for 2 was kind of weak because just wait it will all resolve in 3 and now the same thing is going to happen with this one?

For Shepard, it's resolved. It's kind of a dick way to think about it, but they did achieve what they set out to do.

Ending spoiler.

Resolved..? He woke up on Earth. :\

If your PEM Rating is high enough, it shows Shep shifting around, but that's a hidden ending. The main three endings consider Shep killed.

Yeah. My Shep survived. That's the ultimate good-ending. It's the best possible ending. So Shep isn't dead. Story-wise, he survived. It isn't my fault that not everyone did well enough to get the special ending.

Yeah. My Shep survived. That's the ultimate good-ending. It's the best possible ending. So Shep isn't dead. Story-wise, he survived. It isn't my fault that not everyone did well enough to get the special ending.

If Hollywood Mortal Kombat has taught us anything, it's that the only ending that matters is the one Bioware runs with.

Though, that brings up an intriguing prospect. What if ME4 continues with your decisions from ME3? If the EMS rating was high enough, you continue as such with that ending. If not, it coincides with whichever ending you wound up with. This really opens up some potential.

If Hollywood Mortal Kombat has taught us anything, it's that the only ending that matters is the one Bioware runs with.

Though, that brings up an intriguing prospect. What if ME4 continues with your decisions from ME3? If the EMS rating was high enough, you continue as such with that ending. If not, it coincides with whichever ending you wound up with. This really opens up some potential.

I hoped they'd do that after two. If you somehow fluffed up entirely and had Shep die during the ending of two, I hoped you'd play as someone else if you continued that save.

I haven't read about the ending yet or beaten it but fuck that. How many games can they do that for? The ending for 2 was kind of weak because just wait it will all resolve in 3 and now the same thing is going to happen with this one?

For Shepard, it's resolved. It's kind of a dick way to think about it, but they did achieve what they set out to do.

Ending spoiler.

If your PEM Rating is high enough, it shows Shep shifting around, but that's a hidden ending. The main three endings consider Shep killed.

I thought you could only choose destroy to get the ending with Shepard surviving.

Ending spoiler.

I thought you could only choose destroy to get the ending with Shepard surviving.

Yup.

Angry Joe did a few nice videos on ME3. It´s very painful to see all the official quotes by the developers, see how different the game turned out and than see people (even other developers who should have a little bit of smarts) complain about some kind of artistic freedom that should be respected...

There also is one about the indoctrination theory. I am actually certain at this point that they planed on selling us a new ending/real via dlc all along because of that theory. I just don´t know how this ending can be saved, there is so much that needs to conclude and i don´t see them adding a 5 hour DLC (not as in one play through but based on the idea of actually having different outcomes that get illustrated and have a way for you to get to them)

This either is massive spoilers of things to come or massive attention whoring. Read at your own risk.

http://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/comments/rcfen/possible_leak_regarding_new_ending_dlc/

http://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/comments/rcl7e/more_possible_leaked_information/

I am actually pritty certain it´s just trolling. Right now i am just eating up stuff that tells me what happens after the game "ended"...

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane