The Avengers

TKz

Also this is my review of the movie;

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH CAPTAIN AMERICA AHHHHHHHHHHHH THOR AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AGENT COULSON AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH "PUNY GOD" AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This movie is better than Dark Knight and this is the superhero movie I've always wanted. The worst I can say about it is that Whedon goes for laughs maybe a couple times too many and he also recycles a Buffy joke (it's a good one though).

I think it's because I'm old enough that I've seen all the comic book movies ever and I'm kind of burnt out on the genre. I guess that might be part of it. I don't know. I'm glad you guys liked it.

Also this is my review of the movie;

The worst I can say about it is that Whedon goes for laughs maybe a couple times too many and he also recycles a Buffy joke (it's a good one though).

Really? and I missed? Well now I have to watch it again just to know what Joke was. :shifty:

This isn't really a spoiler but I'm putting it behind the cut just in case you actually do want to try and look for it on a rewatch;

The gag where Loki tries to do the brainwashing thing on Iron Man, it fails, and the subsequent dialogue is all double entendres based on impotency was done in season four of Buffy when Spike got the chip in his head and was unable to bite Willow.

Just finished seeing this. Short review, spoiler free: Awesome, Avengers is worth every penny, even in 3D. Go see it if you haven't. I'm already debating if I want to re-watch it again this weekend.

GoGo, I didn't even pick up on that at all. That was cool, though. Still want to see this film a second time - and the international box office is looking pretty good for this movie, so that should serve it well in getting other superheroes films, as well as a sequal.

I agree playing for laughs too much is something that does plague the movie. There were times I felt the audience was laughing at the wrong moments just because they were in the habit of laughing.

Edit; guys you know it's okay to not like the movie right? Jeez.

• Like 1

This isn't really a spoiler but I'm putting it behind the cut just in case you actually do want to try and look for it on a rewatch;

The gag where Loki tries to do the brainwashing thing on Iron Man, it fails, and the subsequent dialogue is all double entendres based on impotency was done in season four of Buffy when Spike got the chip in his head and was unable to bite Willow.

I know this isn't real but with Whedon talk and Avengers still fresh in my mind, this made me laugh so, so much.

578916_10151592381795160_850105159_24235728_1122004050_n.jpg

• Like 2

I agree playing for laughs too much is something that does plague the movie. There were times I felt the audience was laughing at the wrong moments just because they were in the habit of laughing.

Edit; guys you know it's okay to not like the movie right? Jeez.

I agree with this hence why I wasn't really liking The Hulk being used, most time, as simply as object of comedy. It was a great movie experience, though.

Saw this in IMAX 3D yesterday at a matinee - totally worth it. Normally, 3D annoys me, but the insanely gigantic crew of people that did the stereoscopic conversion realized the issues that 3D usually has and apparently adjusted the brightness. It didn't intrude upon my experience too much, it just added depth to the images. It was almost like I was watching it on a 3DS or something.

I liked how they credited everybody (in alphabetical order) besides Jack Kirby and Stan Lee (who they had credited earlier) that has written for any variation of The Avengers (e.g. Mark Millar wrote for The Ultimates, which probably had just as much influence on this film as the regular version of The Avengers - black Nick Fury and Tony Stark being captured by enemy fighters in Afghanistan, for example) in the "Special Thanks To" section.

Also, my top five scenes:

1. Loki trying to do a monologue about his superiority over the "freak" that is the Hulk, Hulk deciding he was tired of the man's pretensions, and just smacking him around like a rag doll. It was one of those moments where, if they hadn't played up the comedy bits (I blame Deadpool and Avenging Spider-Man), you would have had a feeling of gravitas, but instead, it was hilarious.

2. The scene after the credits, with all six of them just eating at a Shawarma deli, because hey, Tony mentioned it, so they might as well let the fans know whether or not they actually went. As YouTube's Random Guy puts it, CONTINUITY!

3. The Mark VII Iron Man Suit. Missile-launched suit = awesome. The fact that Tony had, between the second Iron Man and The Avengers, Tony either redesigned the suit twice over or just flat-out lost them was a little bit wasteful. But considering the kind of battering Tony's suit got this go-round, it wasn't that surprising.

4. Hawkeye running out of arrows, grabbing one out of the enemy he'd just shot behind him, and using it to save his ass. Last stands are so cliche.

5. The F-35 at the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier - "Target is angry!"

Awesome film. I probably wouldn't pay to see it in IMAX 3D again, but I would go see it again.

Saw this in IMAX 3D yesterday at a matinee - totally worth it. Normally, 3D annoys me, but the insanely gigantic crew of people that did the stereoscopic conversion realized the issues that 3D usually has and apparently adjusted the brightness. It didn't intrude upon my experience too much, it just added depth to the images. It was almost like I was watching it on a 3DS or something.

I liked how they credited everybody (in alphabetical order) besides Jack Kirby and Stan Lee (who they had credited earlier) that has written for any variation of The Avengers (e.g. Mark Millar wrote for The Ultimates, which probably had just as much influence on this film as the regular version of The Avengers - black Nick Fury and Tony Stark being captured by enemy fighters in Afghanistan, for example) in the "Special Thanks To" section.

Also, my top five scenes:

1. Loki trying to do a monologue about his superiority over the "freak" that is the Hulk, Hulk deciding he was tired of the man's pretensions, and just smacking him around like a rag doll. It was one of those moments where, if they hadn't played up the comedy bits (I blame Deadpool and Avenging Spider-Man), you would have had a feeling of gravitas, but instead, it was hilarious.

2. The scene after the credits, with all six of them just eating at a Shawarma deli, because hey, Tony mentioned it, so they might as well let the fans know whether or not they actually went. As YouTube's Random Guy puts it, CONTINUITY!

3. The Mark VII Iron Man Suit. Missile-launched suit = awesome. The fact that Tony had, between the second Iron Man and The Avengers, Tony either redesigned the suit twice over or just flat-out lost them was a little bit wasteful. But considering the kind of battering Tony's suit got this go-round, it wasn't that surprising.

4. Hawkeye running out of arrows, grabbing one out of the enemy he'd just shot behind him, and using it to save his ass. Last stands are so cliche.

5. The F-35 at the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier - "Target is angry!"

Awesome film. I probably wouldn't pay to see it in IMAX 3D again, but I would go see it again.

That's what saved the 3D.

Saw it. Loved it. Would easily see it in theatres again.

I think a lot of my favourite scenes were what Nick listed, with the addition of

*The PA system override in Germany to play "Shoot To Thrill"

* Loki: "If it's all the same, could I get that drink now?"

*Iron Man calling Hawkeye "Legolas"

*The reveal that Bruce Banner's method of keeping the Hulk in check is that he's always angry

*And a nerdier one.. the pan out near the end to show that every letter's fallen off of Stark Tower except for the "A" in that familiar font used for the Avengers logo.

Went to the 940am showing this morning and LOVED IT. Perfection. Second only to Dark Knight in terms of my favorite Super-Hero movies ever. Not a thing I would want to change in this movie. A+

Also second biggest one day opening in North America ever with 80.1 million on Friday. Should easily top 160 million by tomorrow.