Euro 2012

Lineker

Boo. I turned over in curiosity just literally seconds before Carrol scored. Turned it off and Sweden make a comeback but it wasn't good enough. Oh well, England to get smashed by Spain :shifty:

WELBECK! :w00t:

Great game, it would be like England to cock things up against Ukraine but having these youngsters like Welbeck,Carrol,Hart in the squad has been a breath of fresh air so hopefully things go well..making it to the quarters would be a success I think.

Parker played well, but he has really bad skin. When they did the interview with him before the France game I had to cover my eyes when they zoomed in on his face. Poor chap.

A joint interview with him and Sheamus would be your idea of hell.

• Like 1

That finish was awesome. But despite three good goals, the simple stuff still seems to be beyond us sometimes. When Hart receives a back pass the CB's need to split and we definitely need better passing and support for the man on the ball. If we can somehow finish top then that would be ideal, because Spain will smash us apart.

Hopefully the Swedish beat the French or draw against them so that we can finish top but then it's no guaranteed thing that Spain will beat Croatia, cant wait to see how these groups end up. all of them are beautifully set up.

Fuck me, what excitement! Must be honest, I've been proud of both of our performances so far. While we were definitely second best against France we significantly restricted their clear cut chances and played our game well. And in this game our defending of set pieces was questionable but we looked decent going forward. Gerrard's delivery has been phenomenal so far. Parker needed to show more discipline I felt - what the fuck was he doing closing the goalie down in the 80th minute? I'm just glad we scored three goals and seem to have a fair few viable options off of the bench for once.

EDIT: Also, this is apparently the first time every single one of the last group games has something on the line. It's a shame both games are on at the same time now, but I'll have to do my best to watch them both. Can see a few awesome games coming up.

Edited by Pesci

Was a good entertaining game. But we were fucking lucky that we had a few class players on that pitch to turn what would have been a defeat or a draw into a win.

That defence was leaking bad. Cole did well out of all of the defence. But as for the rest. Meh. Carroll I think needed the goal to show he is an England player and deserves his spot in the team and I hope it leads to more game time.

Rooney coming back in is just hype. As Rooney has some of the skill he had before still. But he acts like a kid. And will knowing him be sent off later on in the tournament. Or throw a hissy fit when being taken off like he used to do when his mum told him it was time to come in for his tea.

England are lucky they got that win and that Carroll, Wellbeck and Theo performed well. As for Scott Parker? Not sure about him. But I do like him and the france game he was good. Not all the players did well. To some it will with us getting a win. And turning the game around.

A good game and a few of England players had their moments while some really did not. But there's a hell of a lot they need to improve on or they are fucked with the better sides.

In the Ukraine game they need to be focused and not just try and get the draw if its 1-1. Because if they mess up like they did a few times tonight then it will be a defeat.

But I am happy we got the win :D plus the money I bet on them :P

Edited by Sexy Lexy

I don't think it was 100% luck, he looked up and saw what he wanted to do and pulled it off perfectly, the guy is class and has scored some great goals this season. Although I would probably put Carroll with Rooney because he causes so many problems, but at the same time the link up play between Rooney and Welbeck is great, a tough decision for Roy.

I hate them for Ronaldo, Nani and Pepe. Admittedly I have nothing but love for Ronaldo these days but the lingering resentment for Portugal still stands. Nani, and in particular Pepe, are still massive, miserable, always with a sour look on their face, cunts.

Pepe I can understand, even though I love to see that guy with our shirt. Nani? Are you a Liverpool fan or something?

Didn't know that. That was absurd.

Boo. I turned over in curiosity just literally seconds before Carrol scored. Turned it off and Sweden make a comeback but it wasn't good enough. Oh well, England to get smashed by Spain :shifty:

I sure hope you're wrong.

That Parker to Ox pass was like when you see Jimmy in an offside position, you know you shouldn't play it but you can't help yourself.

Hey, Dragons' success is built on my use of the offside trap as a mind game

But seriously, tonight was the best fucking thing ever. Surely one of the games of the tournament - it really had everything. I was a nervous wreck and truly fearing the worst when we went 2-1 down but Walcott played an absolute blinder. Plus, I stuck a quid of Andy Carroll to score first at 7/1 so that was a nice little extra for tonight.