Euro 2012

Lineker

Iker Casillas really is a Saint.

Xavi, Iniesta, Torres, Fabregas, Pique, Ramos, Alonso. They're all great players but for me, Casillas is the unsung hero. The man does everything with complete ease and is comfortably the best goalkeeper in the world. The best I've seen since Schmeichel.

I'll never forget that loss to Switzerland because Casillas' girlfriend became public number 1.

An insight into how Spanish TV works for those who have never had the fortune of living out here, they have just won the cup and they go to Madrid where they do a live advert for Cruzcampo, and people moan about ITV, they show some shots of the crowd and now we're on adverts again.

Although all the adverts are very clever and are discussing how they helped Spain win.

Edited by Sam

Meh, they'll lose in 2014.

How?

Who out of the 14 who have featured tonight won't be in the squad?

The commentator thinks that Xavi will be too old by the World Cup to feature, despite being one of the best midfielders on the planet. And he says Casillas probably will play, despite being arguably the best keeper.

Casillas will be 33 at the World cup, Buffon was 34 at this years tournament :/

Anyway, even if Casillas isn't there, they still have Victor Valdes, Pepe Reina, David de Gea. Plus with midfielders like Iker Muniain and Javi Garcia not even in the squad, I think that Spain are set for quite a while.

How?

The commentator thinks that Xavi will be too old by the World Cup to feature, despite being one of the best midfielders on the planet. And he says Casillas probably will play, despite being arguably the best keeper.

Anyway, even if Casillas isn't there, they still have Victor Valdes, Pepe Reina, David de Gea. Plus with midfielders like Iker Muniain and Javi Garcia not even in the squad, I think that Spain are set for quite a while.

Don't forget about Sergio Canales and Rodrigo ( I'm not sure if it's his name ) from Benfica. Thiago Alcantara is also young.

How?

And English cunting goalkeepers who aren't half as good as Valdes or Reina refuse to join up with the national team because they wont start over Hart.