Gary Speed has died

therockbox

Just absolutely shocked. Before I made my bed with Fulham, I was arguably a Leeds fan (when I was 6 or so), and then a Newcastle fan as I grew up, and I liked Speed, both as a player at that time, and then subsequently as a manager.

Dunno what else to say. Completely shocked. RIP

Edited by Liam

Absolutely shocked when we heard it. Really makes you think what drove him to it, he seemed like everything was going well with Wales. Sad sad news.

I imagine his professional life has very little to do with this.

Absolutely shocked when we heard it. Really makes you think what drove him to it, he seemed like everything was going well with Wales. Sad sad news.

Well yeah but I didn't know him personally so it'd be a bit stupid speculating on that side.

It's likely some moronic board member (or ex board member) that decided to make a new account and just be an utter dick. No point in even giving him the time of day, just ignore the tit.

:mellow:

What you talking about?

Only found out about GS a few hours ago, really really shocked, very sad news indeed.

RIP :(

It's likely some moronic board member (or ex board member) that decided to make a new account and just be an utter dick. No point in even giving him the time of day, just ignore the tit.

:mellow:

What you talking about?

Only found out about GS a few hours ago, really really shocked, very sad news indeed.

RIP :(

Some troll showed up and started posting some stuff but it's been deleted since.

Was it Summers? I just see a full stop from him.

No, a new member. Summ was also reacting to said troll but went and edited his post after since it looked like he was saying it to Kaney for no reason.

Well yeah but I didn't know him personally so it'd be a bit stupid speculating on that side.

Which is totally understandable but your post seemed to suggest that his professional life could actually have something to do with this. Very rarely does it have anything to do with work. Anyway, no offence meant and hopefully none taken.

Without wishing to pointlessly speculate, it could have been anything from not being able to cope with not playing the game anymore, or gambling debts, or any one of a number of things. Somehow I believe that we may never know the true reason for this.

And nor do we need to unless it's part of some wider problem within football, it's a personal and private matter that the public doesn't need to know about; let's just remember him for the footballer he was, not whatever circumstances may have led to his death.

• Like 1