The 2012 January Transfer Thread

Crybaby Bunting

• Admin

Blackburn have lodged a bid with Fulham for Andy Johnson. I see this as a good idea. AJ wins the penalties, Yakubu scores them :shifty:

On the downside, Samba has unsurprisingly come out and said he wants to leave, because the promises made to him when he signed his new contract haven't been kept. QPR, Spurs & PSG have all shown an interest, but laughably are still offering under £10m for a player who is the most important at his club, with 4 years still to go on his contract and no release clause.

• Admin

Southampton have been successful in their appeal to gain a work permit for Japanese striker Tadanari Lee. Is he any good Hammy?

Swansea City have cancelled the contract of Wales winger David Cotterill by mutual consent. Word is that Watford are going to look to snap him up now.

Chelsea winger Gael Kakuta has joined French side Dijon on loan until the end of the season.

Everton are in talks with Man Utd over signing Darron Gibson.

Hoping for United to sign both Cahill and Rodwell, the latter to free up Carrick into a more attacking/creative role.

Really? Carrick doesn't know what to do when he gets in an attacking position, he's scared to take a shot, even when it's so obvious that it's the right thing to do. I do wonder how long Rodwell be at Everton, though.

Carrick's attacking use has always been as a creator, not a scorer.

Or we could go the opposite route, sign Wes Sneijder from Inter or a similarly attack minded Centre Midfielder, though preferably a younger one, and have Carrick play more defensively.

That's the beauty of Carrick. Even though he gets assloads of stick, some of it justified, he can play just as well offensively as he does defensively

• Like 1

Everton are in talks with Man Utd over signing Darron Gibson.

Exactly what we need to do when we've got an injury crises in centre midfield, sell centre midfielders.

"AC Milan and Manchester City have failed to come to an agreement for Carlos Tevez" - Sky sources.

Why am I not surprised?
  • Like 1

"AC Milan and Manchester City have failed to come to an agreement for Carlos Tevez" - Sky sources.

"Can we have him on loan?"

"No. 20 million."

"Are you sure? C'mon let us have him on loan."

"No. 20 million."

"Okay, we'll see what we can do."

"..."

"Can we have him on loan?"

I'm not surprised it fell through.

• Like 1

Blackburn have lodged a bid with Fulham for Andy Johnson. I see this as a good idea. AJ wins the penalties, Yakubu scores them :shifty:

On the downside, Samba has unsurprisingly come out and said he wants to leave, because the promises made to him when he signed his new contract haven't been kept. QPR, Spurs & PSG have all shown an interest, but laughably are still offering under £10m for a player who is the most important at his club, with 4 years still to go on his contract and no release clause.

Whilst that is all true, why would you offer a huge chunk of money when you know that a player is unsettled, and will probably force the club to sell that player for less than the usual?

That's it. If Samba really wants to go there's little the club can do. All depends on the character of Samba and the financial situation of the club, can they afford having one of their better players sulking on the bench or are they best just taking the best offer and getting rid?

I'd be disappointed if we let him go to another team in the Premier League for less than £15 million.

Oh, and he is worth that kinda money. Unfortunately, he has made it clear he wants to go, so it isn't as if a team coming in is trying to get a guy who is happy with things. In a relegation battle, Blackburn might do best to get the 8-10mil they'll get and then look to reinvest, rather than have an unhappy man in amongst the team.

Darron Gibson to Everton is all but done according to some sources, should be confirmed in the morning. Good move for the lad, I always liked him but unfortunately he never had the quality to be a regular at United, he has a cracking shot on him though!

• Like 1

Darron Gibson to Everton is all but done according to some sources, should be confirmed in the morning. Good move for the lad, I always liked him but unfortunately he never had the quality to be a regular at United, he has a cracking shot on him though!

Eh, that goal aside, he was quite wasteful when shooting from range.

• Like 1