Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

5 hours ago, RPS said:

I played an hour. It is a polished looking game. I found the gameplay unsatisfactory. Nothing felt particularly fun to do. The atmosphere and tension of the game is what sells it.

I tried it out for a while, wasn't very fun.  Just go out collect stuff and go back, you couldn't carry a lot and nothing really happened.

Trying Wasteland 3 out right now, its alright, think I should just stick to Xcom2 and Darkest Dungeon though.

1 hour ago, Azazel said:

Trying Wasteland 3 out right now, its alright, think I should just stick to Xcom2 and Darkest Dungeon though.

I'm really enjoying Wasteland 3. It gives me an old-school isometric RPG with modern day quality-of-life features. Turn-based combat on a grid has really started to appeal to me over the last few years.

Recently upgraded to a decent PC so going to try getting back into Steam and all that jazz. I've got Xcom 2 and I like the look of Wasteland 2/3 but I can get that on the game pass along with Gears Tactics.

Are there any good multi games along those lines? And do you need gamertags on Steam or what? I have DC Universe from fuckin years ago but its a bit eh.

Griftlands is an amazing game. The premise is that you are a grifter in a town and for 5 days you do jobs, build relationships and try to navigate the murky waters of the interpersonal dynamics that exist in the town

Gameplay wise it is a rogue like deck building game. You have two decks - battle cards and negotiation cards. Each job you do may be able to resolved through negotiation or battle. Some may just be battle alone. You may have the option before battles to negotiate for a passerby to join you.

It is even more complex. If people love you, they give you permanent upgrades or buffs. If people hate you, they give you permanent debuffs. You also select perks each run to make the run easier. You can also install grafts that can make the run easier... Or harder if the wrong circumstances occur. You also have pets you can buy! 

It is like a story version of Slay the Spire with more variation. 

On 29/08/2020 at 08:19, Lint said:

Anyone play State of Decay 2?  I liked the first one but felt it was a little too limited as far as the sandbox stuff goes, like eventually you'd get to a point where you'd have to move on.

I'd love a zombie game that was a bit more Walking Dead-like I suppose...establish a community, bring in survivors etc...

this is always something i said id love to come to fruition, but nothing really has done it justice yet, i had high hopes for state of decay but it just didnt really do it for me :(

36 minutes ago, Azazel said:

I finally decided to download the Long War mod for Xcom 2.  I played the original Long War a ton and I think this is what I needed to really get me into Xcom again.

In a nutshell, what is that mod?

1 hour ago, JMarushin said:

In a nutshell, what is that mod?

It's a complete overhaul of the game that makes it a lot longer and a lot harder. 

- Squad size is 8 instead of 6, there are also 8 basic classes instead of 4 (plus the WOTC classes). 

- The campaign is about liberating different countries instead of just scan for items and getting attacked randomly until you tech up.  It feels more like you are accomplishing something because eventually you will rid Advent of each area.

- When a mission pops you send a squad to infiltrate it and lower the enemies depending on long they go for.  Eventually it will be forced so you could end up with like 30 enemies or 8 depending on a lot of factors.

- You will constantly have multiple missions at a time, usually I have 3 going at once now and I am not very far in.

If it is anything like Long War 1 it will also have some pretty insane story missions.  I still absolutely love the mission in the 1st one where you find a hive of chryssalids in that Canadian Boating town and you have to set a nuke and run like hell with dozens of them chasing you.  I am really look forward to the late game stuff.

• Thanks 1

On 14/09/2020 at 17:54, apsham said:

Just the idea of the campaign being in that format instead of the way those games currently play is a god send.

It is a vast improvement.  After a while in the vanilla version you are just waiting for tech and to expand with your only real concern being the Avatar Project which you can deal with in many ways.  This way you are constantly in a struggle to survive.

Been playing Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

"Jensen, did you fucking shoot up a dozen cops?"

"I was trying to be stealthy, but what do you expect, I specced for shootouts. I remember HR's bosses."

"You need a psych eval."

"You know, I didn't ask for this."

"STOP SAYING THAT JENSEN"

"*sigh* Mondays."