Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

16 hours ago, Azazel said:

Anybody else play Monster Train?  It's become my 3rd most played Steam game behind Xcom 1 and 2 now.  I have finally beaten every clan combo with both champions on level 25 and got gold with every card.  I still have a few achievements to get, but what a fun game.

I bought it and packed my PC up. I'll pop in with my thoughts in a few weeks. Do you like any of the other rogue likes ie Slay the Spire and Griftlands? 

I haven't really played much others, something about this one just appeal to me and I've put well over 100 hours into it.  It took a while to really grasp how to use everything effectively which was a lot of fun since by covenant 25 you really can only win by making absurdly powerful combinations.

25 minutes ago, MadJack said:

Any one got any suggestions on good JRPGs? I've played Tales of Vesperia to completion after it appeared on gamepass and just refunded Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel after not being able to get into it, so I guess I'm more into games like the former than the latter.

If you don't have Cosmic Star Heroine, get it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MadJack said:

Any one got any suggestions on good JRPGs? I've played Tales of Vesperia to completion after it appeared on gamepass and just refunded Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel after not being able to get into it, so I guess I'm more into games like the former than the latter.

Dragon Quest XI Definitive Edition is coming to Game Pass on 4th December.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MadJack said:

Are you looking for stuff just on game pass/steam?  Or do you want console suggestions?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Azazel said:

Have you played most of the classic JRPGs like the old Final Fantasy's, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound/Mother 3, The Suikoden Series?

Are you looking for more action rpgs, classic RPG turn based or Tactics games?

In terms of Final Fantasy's I've only player 15 and 10. Liked 10 a lot. Tales of Vesperia had a really nice action combat system but I've no issue with turn based.

Haven't played any of the others but I do have issues with stuff that looks particularly dated (which is dumb, but it's a thing with me).

14 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Have you played most of the classic JRPGs like the old Final Fantasy's, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound/Mother 3, The Suikoden Series?

Are you looking for more action rpgs, classic RPG turn based or Tactics games?

12 minutes ago, MadJack said:

In terms of Final Fantasy's I've only player 15 and 10. Liked 10 a lot. Tales of Vesperia had a really nice action combat system but I've no issue with turn based.

Haven't played any of the others but I do have issues with stuff that looks particularly dated (which is dumb, but it's a thing with me).

The Suikoden series is amazing and one of my all time favorites, can't recommend them enough!

• Thanks 1

I'm the opposite, I love the sprite based stuff.  Its the playstation 1 era 3d graphics that get me the most.  Chrono Trigger is kind a must play and consider the absolute GOAT of JRPGs.  There are plenty of other Tales games so if you liked one you'll probably like the others.

I'm more into the tactical RPGs like Disgaea and Valkyria Chronicles myself lately.  I might need to play some turn based ones this week.

• Like 1

I had a lot of fun with Persona 4. Persona 5 has slightly better gameplay, but I preferred 4's story and characters.

Bravely Default 2 is coming to Switch in February and it looks interesting from the footage that's been released. The first one on the 3DS was very well received.

9 hours ago, MadJack said:

So Vesperia is the first of the "current gen" Tales titles so to speak. Symphonia, which came out on Gamecube, is remembered fondly but I think it might have aged a bit poorly if you're jumping into the series at Vesperia. I'd recommend going with Graces F, Xillia (especially Xillia), and moving forward from there. Tales games are something I play once every 2 or 3 years because there isn't as much evolution or variation in the gameplay post-Symphonia, but the stories are generally some of the best you can find in JRPGs. They often blend a real world inspired political or historical story with delightful characters.

Recommendations for JRPGs are all over the place, and you'll get someone who recommends each different series to you at some point. But I wanted to give you some backdrop on what to expect with the Tales series in particular.

• Thanks 1

Ditto on Persona 4 Golden.

If you do get Final Fantasy 6 (aka the best FF) for Steam, be aware that it's not a port of the original 16 bit but a mobile version. It still plays well, but the sprites will look weird unless you use a fan fix like this one that's pretty simple to use.

It's playable without the fix but will be hard to look at for most people.

• Thanks 1

Anyone got any suggestions for party games on steam like Among Us/Jackbox? 

Just looking to get a few for me and a few friends to play. I know a lot of them are 4 players but need stuff going up to 6/8 really

23 hours ago, MadJack said:

Final Fantasy V or VI. 

• Thanks 1

I love Final Fantasy X, so I'll recommend it. Tidus is not my favorite lead character, but the storyline is cool, and Blitzball mini-game is fun. I spent a lot of time just playing it. The soundtrack is great, as well.

• Like 1