Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

And thus does the true Dark Souls Steam membership begin.

"I don't have a good PC now but I will one day!"

That happened to me when I bought Civ 5 at launch and could only play in strategic view. What is essentially a complicated board game shouldn't require advanced graphics cards!

Way more happens in Civ 5 than a board game. There's tons of numbers and calculations to take in, even before any graphics.

Not their fault they made a current gen game and you didn't bother to check if you had a current gen computer. :P

Well, a decent graphics card is only like... £150? I dunno what your expendable income is, but if you're looking to get into PC gaming, an entry level graphics card is fairly cheap.

These are words that I don't entirely understand :shifty:

Graphics card is what runs your games alongside some other bits. One that can play most modern games (Skyrim, Borderlands) on low to medium is only about £150.

• Like 1

Are you saying that my actual computer would be able to handle these titles with a decent graphics card? Because that's less depressing than needing an entirely new computer.

It's got a decent amount of RAM and the processor is OKAY, like I said, that's another thing you might need to look at, but a decent graphics card would give a pretty good starting point. That's kind of thing about computers, you never really need to buy a new one if you keep it in good condition. You just upgrade the outdated parts.

I should point out not to put too much stock in System Requirements Lab. It's kind of botched to make you lean towards buying stuff they'd suggest and not super accurate.

• Like 1

Yeah, I looked at it. But fuck man, these sales, I still think £7 is too much for the level of interest I have. >_>

Best thing about the sales is that we're getting my little brother a computer for Christmas and I've picked up sooo many games for him to not play in favor of playing CoD.

So I played The Stanley Parable today and good fucking god it's fantastic. I know everyone's experiences are going to be different with it but it's provided my favourite gaming moment of the year when...

Warning! Spoilers!

...I repeatedly defied the narrator and he put in a third door for me, then made me play a game where I had to press a button to stop a baby burning in a fire, but then I let the baby burn and he said maybe I wanted a different game and then BAM! I'm in Minecraft and the narrator builds a little dirt house and wants to go mining for diamonds and then he decides that it's not for him and goes to another game and I'm in Portal. I haven't laughed so hard in ages.

Amazon.com has a Steam Key for "Brothers" on sale at 6$. I have not played it yet, but it´s said to be very short (3 hours) but one of the most overlooked good games of the year. You need a controler to play, aperently you play both brothers at the same time, on with the left and one with the right analog stick.

I don't think you can say it's being overlooked. Most critics are putting it on their best game of the year lists, quite a few have said it's the best 'arty' type game since Journey. Total Biscuit has claimed it's one of his favourite games of all time (for what that's worth).

I don't think sales figures have been released, but besides on here I've seen loads of hype and recommendations for it.

To The Moon is £2 in the sale. I've already bought it for a bunch of people. Ask very nicely and I'll probably get it for you too. As long as you promise to play it because it's kind of the best game ever.

Or buy it yourself you cheapskate.

• Like 3