Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

How was State of Decay? It and the DLC for it can be got for $20

As an experiment I thought I'd run a My Steam Gauge check now and then compare it with my account at the end of the sale next month. So currently:

Number of Games: 168

Value: $2,591.43 (£1586.08)

Size: 669.2 GB

And by using the Steam Receipt option I see I've spent a total of £881.92 on Steam games in 5+ years.

Help! I'm new to modern non-console gaming and I didn't even think to check system requirements during my spending spree last night.

Just installed Just Cause 2 and getting the following error:

Fatal DirectX error!

Code: 15

Result: 0x80070057: E_INVALIDARG

The game will now exit. Try starting the game with /failsafe if the problem persist.

I have already tried launching the game both with /failsafe and /dxadapter=0 but no luck. I figured my video card likely isn't up to standard and this is by no means a gaming computer, but a quick search suggests that my graphics processor is compatible with DX10 so I have no idea what I'm doing or talking about anymore.

Here are my specs:

• Processor Intel Pentium E6700 / 3.2 GHz
  • Memory 4.0 GB
  • Hard Drive 500.0 GB - 7200.0 rpm
  • Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Edition
  • Optical Drive DVD±RW
  • Graphics Processor Intel GMA X4500HD Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0
  • Graphics Controller Integrated

Figured I'd post this here (I may post this in Computing too, for wider help) in case anybody more computer savvy than I has a possible solution.

The game has had a few issues from it's latest update, so it may be down to that. Verify game content, if that doesn't work then check Direct X is up to date, then if that's still not working try doing the old cache clearing, if that doesn't work then check your drivers. All else fails - reinstall. If not that then I'd try asking on the game's Community Page, they tend to be pretty helpful from what I've seen.

I hate to break it to you Nerf but looking around I've found a fair few sites saying the GMA X4500 you have isn't great for gaming... and all this information is from 2010! So I'm not sure you'll be able to run anything outside of lower spec indy games very well without buying a new graphics card. You'd potentially need a better processor too, though I'm not sure how far a Dual Core is really capable of going.

Yeah, Borderlands 2 isn't known for high quality textures and the world is decently split up. Just Cause 2 on the other hand is a pretty stunning looking game that's got an open world that's actually bigger than GTA V's...

And thus does the true Dark Souls Steam membership begin.

"I don't have a good PC now but I will one day!"

That happened to me when I bought Civ 5 at launch and could only play in strategic view. What is essentially a complicated board game shouldn't require advanced graphics cards!