Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Bulletstorm is on Steam for £3! Everyone should go get it for that price, it's a wonderfully over the top shooter. Also if anyone does, let me know and we can do some of the co-op!

ALSO, anyone play Tribes Ascend? I'm loving it. Free to play, it's a wonderful FPS.

• 2 weeks later...

Not unless a developer happens to reveal an upcoming discount on their Twitter/official site/whatever else. The vast majority of the time, it's just a case of "wait and see". Generally, though, Sod's Law dictates that a game will go on sale just after you pay full price for it.

• Like 1

For those who having been watching, The Walking Dead game is released in 3 hrs (ish)

Currently at $20-25 (not sure on the currency). Still haven't decided on it as I'm not that keen on that sort of animation, but will give me a more in-depth look into the actual series.

Well, that's what I'm hoping as that's what will make me want to buy it :P

I think the time steam gives is just for the new work day of tell tale. It might take up to 8 houres after that till we get to download it. I already bought it on the tell tale shop. If you are unsure about the style just wait and buy single episodes (i think they will be 5$ each)

In the past, Telltale have made the first episode of some of their games available for free, but it doesn't look as though they're doing that this time. I think I'll be holding off on this one for a while as I find their games to be rather hit-and-miss.

In the past, Telltale have made the first episode of some of their games available for free, but it doesn't look as though they're doing that this time. I think I'll be holding off on this one for a while as I find their games to be rather hit-and-miss.

I'd say Walking Dead has enough current day name power that they're more likely to get the sort of people that'd never give this a look in otherwise.

You're probably right. Walking Dead certainly has more present-day name value than their last two titles, Back to the Future and Jurassic Park, and they supposedly sold quite well at release.

I'm not surprised with Jurassic Park. It LOOKED awesome. Shame about how terrible it actually was. >_>

I think back to the future had episode one for free a month after it´s release. But that was only for people that signed up for it earlier.

I´ed just pick up a single episode. It´s cheap and you´ll know what you get into afterwards. I doubt this will fail as hard as Jurassic Park did.

It's got some pretty good reviews, but I'm guessing the fact it's a zombie related game that doesn't focus entirely on killing zombies is going to turn some people off. The TellTell games style is hard enough to pull in the average gamer as it is.

Also anyone playing Legend of Grimrock? It looks pretty awesome, but I'd like to know if anyone's played enough of it to know if it starts to feel too samey? I mean, it is one giant dungeon. >_>

From what I've heard, Legend of Grimrock is a solid dungeon crawler that packs quite a challenge, but the story seems to quite shallow and unappealing. Whether or not you'll like it would probably depend on how attached to the old-school dungeon crawler genre.