Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

19 minutes ago, Rocky said:

I really need to play This War of Mine. Might as well pick up the DLC for it. All I've gotten in the sale so far is TWD Pre-order :/

Its really good. War from a different perspective. 

• Like 1

How is Civilization: Beyond Earth?

• Like 1

Holiday sale will be better, surely?

5 hours ago, Rocky said:

All the sales generally look the same, give or take 5-10%. The only real difference in the "Holiday Sales" seem to be the mini game that runs along with it.

Personally I stick to the major key sites (G2Play, G2A, Kinguin, CDkeys.com, and a couple others), since they're well run and as legit as gray-market can get. And they really go hard on the savings when you get a lucky find... I managed to save 15 euros the other day getting the latest two EU4 DLC that were still priced 15/20 on Steam.

At this point, Steam sales don't ever really register for me unless a game I play has a massive DLC sale going on (Payday 2 in the past), which makes Steam the easier and cheaper choice anyways. But for single purchases, it's just not interesting anymore.

33 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

Personally I stick to the major key sites (G2Play, G2A, Kinguin, CDkeys.com, and a couple others), since they're well run and as legit as gray-market can get. And they really go hard on the savings when you get a lucky find... I managed to save 15 euros the other day getting the latest two EU4 DLC that were still priced 15/20 on Steam.

At this point, Steam sales don't ever really register for me unless a game I play has a massive DLC sale going on (Payday 2 in the past), which makes Steam the easier and cheaper choice anyways. But for single purchases, it's just not interesting anymore.

I refuse to use any of the key resellers (especially when they're sold by sellers rather than the actual store). Too many keys are dodgy (buy the key, sell it, then issue a charge back). It puts developers and publishers in a really shitty position since if they revoke keys people get upset since they weren't the ones that did anything wrong.

It ends up worse than piracy for devs/publishers (which is why quite a few have said they'd prefer you to pirate their games than use those sites) because not only do you end up with a legitimate copy of the game (because they are too afraid of bad PR by revoking them) but they actually end up out of pocket for it (total refund+charge back fee). 

• Like 1

Has anyone fucked with the Disgaea PC port? Is it worth buying? @stokeriño? It's 50% off right now on Steam ($9.99! $9.99! $9.99!) so I'm thinking real hard about buying it to relive some memories.

Also, just noticed Disgaea 2 comes to PC at the end of January 2017. 

Ah, rats. I did a bit of looking and apparently the consensus is that in the first week or two the port was really shaky, but since then they've fixed a lot of bugs and issues and it's solid now. Might have to buy it while it's on sale, but I'm also kind of hoping that when Disgaea 2 comes out they'll run another deal, hopefully a package deal with 1 & 2.