Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

On 1/8/2017 at 16:07, MDK said:

Sleeping Dogs is a great game albeit with a few flaws but none of them are game breaking. The story was really good, just your typical Hong Kong action film minus the John Woo doves sadly, and I liked that it wasn't all just gunplay.  And it got me to thinking about the next GTA. I would love it if they ripped off Infernal Affairs/The Departed and made a game about an undercover cop and an undercover villain.

I would love a game where you play an undercover cop, and get the choice to keep playing the bad guys and eventually bust them OR side with them whilst playing the cops. Maybe a Fast And The Furious situation, where the bad guys technically aren't bad guys.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

I would love a game where you play an undercover cop, and get the choice to keep playing the bad guys and eventually bust them OR side with them whilst playing the cops. Maybe a Fast And The Furious situation, where the bad guys technically aren't bad guys.

It would work so well in the GTA universe

Yes. but people would accuse them of ripping off The Fast & The Furious. I'd rather see it happen in a game that either doesn't involve driving, or at least doesn't have cars and driving as the main part of the game. 

On 1/9/2017 at 04:38, Quom said:

Has GTA ever had a good or nuanced story or characters? 

Only in Vice City, San Andreas, Vice City Stories, 4, Liberty City Stories, and 5.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, OctoberRavenO said:

Only in Vice City, San Andreas, Vice City Stories, 4, Liberty City Stories, and 5.

Which is why GTA hasn't been any good since 2 :shifty:

Seriously, I just want to run over some guys who are walking around chanting. That's all I want to do.

1 hour ago, Liam said:

Which is why GTA hasn't been any good since 2 :shifty:

Seriously, I just want to run over some guys who are walking around chanting. That's all I want to do.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOORANGAAAAAAAA

And to be honest, I felt Saints Row 1/2's stories had stronger emotional notes than most of the GTA series, despite the former's insane zany antics.

7 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOORANGAAAAAAAA

And to be honest, I felt Saints Row 1/2's stories had stronger emotional notes than most of the GTA series, despite the former's insane zany antics.

I never played 1, but I can agree with 2. Thought GTA 4 for all it's faults (which IMO is the driving and the NIKO ITS YOUR COUSIN ROMAN HOW ABOUT WE GO SEE BIG AMERICAN TITTIES bits) had a fucking amazing storyline.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OctoberRavenO said:

I never played 1, but I can agree with 2. Thought GTA 4 for all it's faults (which IMO is the driving and the NIKO ITS YOUR COUSIN ROMAN HOW ABOUT WE GO SEE BIG AMERICAN TITTIES bits) had a fucking amazing storyline.

I loved the story for IV. But I loved V because of how much certain parts of it reminded me of HEAT.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MDK said:

I loved the story for IV. But I loved V because of how much certain parts of it reminded me of HEAT.

I liked the story, apart from the characters in it and the ending as a whole. The ending was really unsatisfying, because it never really was a true rags-to-riches style story like the old games had. And the antagonists where just annoying, rather than people that really had to be stopped. 4 also had that issue, but Dimitri saved the latter part of the story, and 4 also had likeable side characters like Lil Jacob, and Packie.

GTA 5 was just filled with obnoxious characters, and none of the protagonists really stuck with me. Franklin was a doormat, Trevor was insane without many redeemable personal qualities, and Michael was just a guy in a mid-life crisis. All three pretty well written, mind, but none that I the gamer really felt a connection to.

SR1/2 on the other hand set itself apart with insanity, and I was fucking PISSED when they killed off Johnny Gat out of the blue. The death of Aisha also resonated due to me liking Johnny so much. And Carlos getting killed was the perfect way to put the story back down to earth again, and through all the ridiculous shenanigans you did made it feel 'real' for a bit.

Then again, maybe i'm biased towards the first two Saints Row's, because they were the first open world crime shooties on the next gen. But those games never pretended to really be 'dark and gritty' like GTA 4/5.

On the flipside, Saints row lost me after 2, when they triple backflipped the shark and dropped putting effort into the story and made it purely about doing stupid shit.

Just now, MDK said:

I had a connection with Michael >_>

I was harsh on Michael, and I think they could have easily made the entire game around his story rather than involve Trevor and Franklin as playable characters. His kids teetered on the edge of being utter scrappies, though. And I had wished there had been more around him trying to salvage his shitty marriage, although that would've probably made the game 'too real' even for GTA.

Either way, regardless of games. The finest crime McShootie will always be Red Dead Redemption, that game was perfect.

Just now, Jasonmufc said:

I was harsh on Michael, and I think they could have easily made the entire game around his story rather than involve Trevor and Franklin as playable characters. His kids teetered on the edge of being utter scrappies, though. And I had wished there had been more around him trying to salvage his shitty marriage, although that would've probably made the game 'too real' even for GTA.

Either way, regardless of games. The finest crime McShootie will always be Red Dead Redemption, that game was perfect.

No arguments from me about RDR. Except no PC version :@

So I've started playing OneShot, an interesting puzzle/adventure game. You're the god of a robotic world, the game knows your name without you even typing it in, and you are leading the messiah, a cat-boy named Niko. It's pretty interesting. One of the puzzles was pretty neat.

A computer said that a 6 digit code i needed was no longer in 'this world'. And that I'd have to find a document. So, I went to My Documents, and found a new file there. And sure enough, the code was there!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So on recommendation I got Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines.

It's amazing and totally worth the need to hunt down fanpatches to play the game properly.

Fantastic story, great characters, and you can slaughter armed mooks with nothing but vampire blood-powered kung fu.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, OctoberRavenO said:

So on recommendation I got Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines.

It's amazing and totally worth the need to hunt down fanpatches to play the game properly.

Fantastic story, great characters, and you can slaughter armed mooks with nothing but vampire blood-powered kung fu.

It really is an overlooked gem. The whole Masquerade idea is great, and there are some cracking missions in there too. The haunted house level is a particular highlight. It also helps that your introduction into the secret vampire world comes courtesy of Bender from Futurama.

• Like 2