Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

44 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

With AB+ and the mods and Antibirth and all that out, I keep wanting to try Isaac again but I haven't gotten round to it. I'm still a buster who hasn't unlocked anything yet and only has 2 hours in-game played time >_> I might dig out the 360 controller and give it another stab tonight.

I'm pretty terrible at it, I just enjoy playing it though, probably why I am so terrible at it as I just use Isaac or Eden most of the time rather than bothering with Keeper or The Lost.

It took me 600 attempts to beat Ultra Greed with the Lost. This last attempt I ended up with one chaos card and I knew I could take the normal greed, so I beat normal greed then it possibly the most stressful moment of my entire life I threw the Chaos Card at Ultra Greed and beat him.

I legit cried.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2017 at 10:12, thatshortguy said:

Reaaaaaaaaaalllly tempted by River City Ransom Underground.  Anyone splurge on it yet?

Edit:  I'll take one for the team and report back after my first play-through. :shifty: 

If you were disappointed by the newest Double Dragon, you should dig RCRU.  Plays like an old NES beat 'em up without being clunky.  My only gripe is that you're never told what items do what in regards to stats, so just eat and drink everything.  As far as I can tell, you also can't cycle through inventory items, though that may be more because I'm using a DS4 as opposed to anything Windows or Steam controller-wise.

I'd say it is worth it if you want a solid beat 'em up or have friends that want to play it, ala Castle Crashers.

I finally got around to downloading Doom that I bought ages ago and now I'm too scared to play it <_<

On 03/03/2017 at 16:09, thatshortguy said:

I'd say it is worth it if you want a solid beat 'em up or have friends that want to play it, ala Castle Crashers.

What happened to the good, old fashioned beat 'em up? This is a genre that I miss.

Without the arcade scene around they're not as relevant given they were always something of a coin guzzler, but they've been around in the last generation or two. You've had your remakes/re-releases (Turtles, Simpsons, X-Men, D&D, Guardian Heroes) and new releases (RCR, Castle Crashers, Scott Pilgrim, Double Dragon Neon & IV, Power Rangers).

5 hours ago, King Jaffellis Joffer said:

Without the arcade scene around they're not as relevant given they were always something of a coin guzzler, but they've been around in the last generation or two. You've had your remakes/re-releases (Turtles, Simpsons, X-Men, D&D, Guardian Heroes) and new releases (RCR, Castle Crashers, Scott Pilgrim, Double Dragon Neon & IV, Power Rangers).

You left out Fighting Force. I assume that was an accident. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Owen said:

Anyone want a copy of The Witcher 2? I've got 2 copies to give out, both for GOG.

Still have one?

Man, I remember playing W2 before they patched the difficulty down a bunch. That game was balls hard, even with the pre-dark souls action roll cheese to avoid every single shot.

But Witcher 2 really ignited my love for the series as a whole, and even to this day some of the vistas are downright gorgeous, and the story is pretty great too.

Dustin Browder (Heroes of the Storm dev) and David Kim (SC dev) have moved on to working at new projects within Blizzard. Speculation is that there's a new game in development within the company.

TL;DR: Wanted to clear out my Steam wallet of all the odd change I've acquired. Bought Oh Sir! The Insult Simulator, threw in Amnesia: The Dark Descent as well (which I already own), will gift the game to anyone who wants it. (unless you're reading this after Cloudy claimed it. Stealth edit :shifty:)

• Like 1

Oh Sir! is great. I like doing a local multiplayer with one side being The Father and having him skip his turn constantly to see how long a chain I can build up.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2017 at 22:35, OctoberRavenO said:

Oh Sir! is great. I like doing a local multiplayer with one side being The Father and having him skip his turn constantly to see how long a chain I can build up.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of the game too. Damn cheap as well, definitely worth a purchase.

Full Throttle remaster came out today and holy crap did I get a blast from the past - I played that game way more than I should've growing up considering that I just spent like, a few hours with it and I'm already over half done. So good though and I never realized how much amazing voice talent was in there.