Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

On 5/10/2017 at 16:59, Broken Cloudy said:

I like it a lot more than LoL / Smite / DOTA etc. because it's much more streamlined. No "hearth back to base, buy items, you need these items for this build, hey stupid you bought the wrong item, IDIOT, WORST PLAYER, REPORTED".

And yeah, you get a free champion (I chose Jaina) and some loot boxes but I got shafted in all of my loot boxes. I just keep getting character skins and emoji packs. Of the probably 20+ loot boxes I've opened, Lunara is the only hero I've gotten out of them.

I downloaded Heroes of the Storm. Add me, my name is pwrbttm. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RPS said:

I downloaded Heroes of the Storm. Add me, my name is pwrbttm. 

There should be a number after your username too. For instance, mine is Aleindria#1339. If I just search for pwrbttm nothing comes up.

4 hours ago, Owen said:

Family sharing (or whatever it's called) is a good thing, you guys. Potentially saved a fair bit of money because of it.

So much this. I share with my son and his mother does too so he has near 1000 games available. Unfortunately his mother is "pro" CSGO player so she's always using hers. Fortunately, 90% of the games I play aren't online reliable so I just play them in offline mode so he plays whatever he wants. I also share with a couple of streamer friends of mine so they have other options for if they want to stream something they don't have.

also Dungeons II is free on humblebundle for another 18hrs (as of this posting)
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/dungeons-2?hmb_campaign=free_dungeons2_2017&hmb_source=bundle_page&hmb_medium=banner

Edited by Rocky

Alright, XCOM 2 has officially pissed me off no end. Okay, fine, I don't mind going up against a boss every other fucking level, but why do they get a turn every other of my turns?! What a fucking load of shit. This Berserker Queen bitch is a right cunt. How in the fuck am I supposed to kill it?

1 hour ago, MDK said:

Alright, XCOM 2 has officially pissed me off no end. Okay, fine, I don't mind going up against a boss every other fucking level, but why do they get a turn every other of my turns?! What a fucking load of shit. This Berserker Queen bitch is a right cunt. How in the fuck am I supposed to kill it?

Set up a kill-zone pocket with overwatch on every possible flank, send either a rookie or your best runner up front to activate her pod, and just let her come at you.

Also, a shitload of explosives.

1 hour ago, Jasonmufc said:

Set up a kill-zone pocket with overwatch on every possible flank, send either a rookie or your best runner up front to activate her pod, and just let her come at you.

Also, a shitload of explosives.

But for fucks sake all I have is rookies since all my regulars are injured. And it is one of those stupid save the citizens mission. They can all get fucked since they don't bother running away from trouble.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MDK said:

But for fucks sake all I have is rookies since all my regulars are injured. And it is one of those stupid save the citizens mission. They can all get fucked since they don't bother running away from trouble.

Yeah, those are a fucking chore anyway you cut it. A tip is that you don't grab civvies (since they're mostly stationary, and some are faceless bastards), and simply focus on slowly pushing up the map and taking out every single alien from a safe distance. Any civvie you leave behind you are safe anyways, so no need to go out of your way for them.

Once the final alien is defeated the faceless ones 'pop' out of their meatsuits, and you can simply focus on beating them.

Just never stick your neck out for civilians, save whoever you can and hope for a decent grade. Don't risk your soldiers since they're always more valuable.

Also, unsure if it has been patched out or not. But I know that early on you could try to throw a grenade at a civilian, and if it doesn't give you a friendly fire warning it's a faceless.

And Shadow Rangers with the conceal skill, very very useful to have hidden guys even after you've been spotted. Helps out a lot in scouting the map.

Edited by Jasonmufc

Just now, Jasonmufc said:

Yeah, those are a fucking chore anyway you cut it. A tip is that you don't grab civvies (since they're mostly stationary, and some are faceless bastards), and simply focus on slowly pushing up the map and taking out every single alien from a safe distance. Any civvie you leave behind you are safe anyways, so no need to go out of your way for them.

Once the final alien is defeated the faceless ones 'pop' out of their meatsuits, and you can simply focus on beating them.

Just never stick your neck out for civilians, save whoever you can and hope for a decent grade. Don't risk your soldiers since they're always more valuable.

Also, unsure if it has been patched out or not. But I know that early on you could try to throw a grenade at a civilian, and if it doesn't give you a friendly fire warning it's a faceless.

DAMMIT MAN, THOSE CIVVIES ARE PEOPLE TOO! (Apart from the faceless bastards, obviously, they can catch a train to fucksoffville)

I'll boot it up again after dinner because I got so cross earlier that I had to take some time away from it. 

Oh well I fucked off XCOM for a while and started Mafia III.

Fuck me, the intro to Mafia III is brilliant. I'm loving it already. I thought Mafia II was the dogs bollocks and it felt like the production team really enjoyed their movies and all that, its the same with this. Its almost like I'm ruining the story by playing the game, I want to sit back and watch.

14 hours ago, Apsham said:

Playing Brutal Doom with a mouse and keyboard is probably one of the most visceral gaming experiences you can have. I'd throw every other PC-centric game out the door if I had to choose only one thing to play on the platform.

I bought Doom, the new one, and I stopped playing it because it scared the shit out of me.

I would liken putting Brutal Doom on top of the original games is a nice in between - you have the enemies that you are familiar with and simpler (on the surface) level design, but there's a really nice feeling and kick to having new gun types and modern features like jumping/aiming down sights, etc.

10 minutes ago, Apsham said:

I would liken putting Brutal Doom on top of the original games is a nice in between - you have the enemies that you are familiar with and simpler (on the surface) level design, but there's a really nice feeling and kick to having new gun types and modern features like jumping/aiming down sights, etc.

But will it scare the piss out of me? 

For some reason, I bought GTA 5 in the Humble Store. Barely runs on my laptop, unsurprisingly. It was like £18... cheap, but I already own it on PS4??? I guess I don't have to pay to play online for the PC version, which works for me... and I have been considering buying a proper gaming PC. Although that will just be a glorified GTA computer at that point. I'm far too trusted with money.

7 minutes ago, Owen said:

For some reason, I bought GTA 5 in the Humble Store. Barely runs on my laptop, unsurprisingly. It was like £18... cheap, but I already own it on PS4??? I guess I don't have to pay to play online for the PC version, which works for me... and I have been considering buying a proper gaming PC. Although that will just be a glorified GTA computer at that point. I'm far too trusted with money.

My PC cost about 800 knicker and that was some time ago. A worthwhile investment.