Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

I had fun with ESPN NFL 2k5 on the Xbox. I enjoyed using the console's custom music feature to put together my own arena sounds, something that most sports games now lack. It's also amazing by today's standards that an NFL game, and a genuinely good one at that, could release at a budget price.

Cortana sucks, can't find any wireless networks, and my screen isn't HDMI. Annoying things! otherwise, fun having a PC!

Okay, Cortana's gone. Still a bit miffed about the wireless network thing, but I'm on ethernet so no big problem.

GwJ5BYp.png

• Like 1

Replaying VTMB and WHAT THE SHIT

4VQWN96.jpg

8 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

I can't see it well in the low light conditions, but you better have taken a Malkav!

Already played Malkav. Gangrel in this current run.

The fact that it's NOT a Malkav hallucination just makes it more wtf

Just now, MDK said:

I never played it. Is it worth it even after 10 years or whatever it is now?

Very. You'll want to download some patches and (like a lot of older PC games) configure things so it'll run without major errors, but it holds up.

Steam summer sale should be soon, right?

20 USD is pretty worth it IMO, though. But it was published by Activision, so if you want to enjoy it while giving the publisher that killed the developer as little cash as possible...

55 minutes ago, OctoberRavenO said:

But it was published by Activision, so if you want to enjoy it while giving the publisher that killed the developer as little cash as possible...

Seems fair. If there's another game in the series, and it does seem quite possible, it will be published by Paradox, who I'd trust more with the property than Activision. We can hope.

1 hour ago, OctoberRavenO said:

20 USD is pretty worth it IMO, though. But it was published by Activision, so if you want to enjoy it while giving the publisher that killed the developer as little cash as possible...

3 weeks, give or take. The unofficial countdown has it pegged at 22 June.

http://whenisthenextsteamsale.com/

Edited by Jasonmufc

Well, I won't be buying anything off the sale, then.....dammit. Because I'm leaving for a two week vacation on the 28th. Can't afford to spend any money on the sale.

*edited to add* Before anyone goes `Yay! Two weeks of no GhostMachine!'....I'm taking my tablet with me, and will have net access once I reach my destination. I'll only be absent a day at most.

Edited by GhostMachine
  • Like 1

On 2017-6-3 at 13:20, MDK said:

I might check it out

On 2017-6-3 at 17:31, OctoberRavenO said:

Rejoice! The GOG Summer Sale has started, and this particular game is on sale for $4.99.

• Like 1

Pretty good deal. That's 75% of what the Steam label price.

For those who do get it, I highly recommend installing the Unofficial Patch Plus v9.7 Final. The latest in a (still ongoing!) fanpatch to restore as much content as possible as well as try to clamp down on pesky bugs.

Don't know if the GOG version has the official patch (which, fun fact, was done on the dev team's own dime because Activision rushed the game) which is the bare minimum necessary to finish the game, but if not, it's easy to find. (And I think you have to install it first before adding the Unofficial Patch. Not sure, Steam has the Official Patch as part of it so)

EDIT- Also, save Malkavian for your second playthrough. The dialogue is entirely different and some of it drops some major foreshadowing.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

Oh yeah, side note, the guy who does the Unofficial Patch told me he added the General Lee into the game to add more variety... and didn't know what the General Lee was.

Also

M7FxFcc.jpg

DANCE BUNNY FEVER

• Like 1