Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

13 hours ago, Rocky said:

Sure. I love a good sale but when Humble bundle have Killing Floor for free how can I not recommend...
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/killing-floor?hmb_campaign=killingfloor_freegame_2017&hmb_source=bundle_page&hmb_medium=banner_cross

By far one of my favourite games ever. Looking at my purchase history on Kinguin I purchased this game 15 times with DLC for friends just to play with me :lol:

I've got the game but I've not even played it. I don't even remember buying it.

11 minutes ago, Rocky said:

It's on sale for $5 quite often, as it currently is on steam. You may have picked it up then as an impulse buy.

I think it might have been part of a Humble Bundle or something

• Like 1

I give up with PUBG.

That was the absolute BEST and most fluky game of my life. It all started with me landing...game lagged out a bit, but I was able to get into a house and get an M4 with not a lot of ammo. I go to check the next house, and then the luck starts happening.

-I am searching what appears to be an empty house. I go upstairs and see someone briefly, they hide in a room and flashbang me...but they don't have a gun so they run.

-I run into this person in another house, he gets the jump on me....but I manage to shotgun him away.

-I go near a house and see someone inside. I wait outside with my shotgun and....I miss. He hits me with his shotgun. I run, I try to heal....but he follows, shoots....misses? I fire once and get a lucky hit. He goes down.

-Got another kill with a shotgun, but I don't remember?

-I see an airdrop. I figure I might as well go check it out since I'm playing on borrowed time. I slowly make my way there...see two people fighting. One goes down...so I pull out my M4, take aim (adjusted the zeroing distance for the first time ever), fire once and drop them.

-I see another airdrop, still on borrowed time...it's right by the blue wall of death. I check it out...sniper with an 8x scope. I'm happy as a clam...although it's down to the final 15 or so. Get into the safezone, start crawling and waiting.

-Some jerk in a gray coat is hiding behind a tree....headshot.

-Some jerk goes to loot that kill? Headshot.

-Final 2. Tense as all hell. I expect to die since I suck at this game. The safe area is getting smaller and smaller. But for about 2 rounds I don't have to move...so I don't. But then it happens...I have to move. Thankfully, the blue wall was already against one side of the safe zone, so I know roughly what direction the other person is coming from.

-I see movement. Fucker has a ghili suit. He hasn't seen me. I can't see him through the grass, but I roughly know where he is...so I take a shot with my M4 (burst fire, since we're close). I miss. I stand up, hoping to spook him...I fire....and miss. He stands up, but before he can shoot, I land the killing blow.

#WinnerWinnerChickenDinner

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Paton said:

Picked up the first Dishonored game for next to nothing. Never played any of them, obviously, so should be a good experience.

I've had it for a while but haven't played it nearly enough. Its been at least 3 months since I've played it. My one gripe with it is that a lot of the bone charms you need to collect to gain or power up abilities are a right bitch to find and get to. The game reviews I've read said its possible to play the entire game without killing anyone, but I've done at least two missions where I wasn't able to avoid killing because I had no sleep bolts and couldn't stealth past them.

5 hours ago, thatshortguy said:

Damn, I'd forgotten how satisfying the latest Doom is.  Wonder if I should pick up Wolfenstein:  The New Order since it's on sale.  I'm assuming they have a similar feel?

Certainly, it uses a lot of classic FPS style gameplay like health and armour, and some corridors where you can shoot the shit out of Nazi's, Nazi Dogs, Nazi Robots, and everything Nazi ever.

And it mixes things up with some more modern gameplay like a pretty good stealth system, and adds a somewhat coherent story to it all to make BJ more of a person rather than an emoting face at the bottom. 

Also, like the originals its chock full of secrets and easter eggs of all kinds, and that's always great too.

• Like 1

Current Summer Sale purchase list:
Bloodrayne 2
GTR 2
Ford Racing 3 (shut up it reminds me of my childhood <_<)

Once pay rolls in:
The Long Dark
Aviary Attorney
I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream
Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition
D4 Deluxe Edition

Would've gotten PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUND too and joined you guys but I don't meet it's minimum specs :(

For me:

RPG Maker XV (Had this idea for a game kicking around in my head for a while)

Bayonetta (Never got around to playing  somehow)

realMyst: Masterpiece Edition

Star Wars: Jedi Knight bundle

911 Operator: Collector's Edition

Golf With Your Friends

The Stanley Parable

Condemned: Criminal Origins

Gemini Rue

Melody's Escape

Urban Chaos

And maybe more if I can scrape up the cash for it (Namely Void and Meddler and Bloodlust Shadowhunter)

FO3 is on sale for like $10 I think.  Problem is you need to jump through a whole lot of hoops to get it working on Windows 10 due to the DRM.  Its available at GOG for $20...but since its DRM free, it works right away

I've been holding off on purchases because I wanted to see what I got in this months Humble Monthly, only to realise it's released after the sale ends so I'm gonna have to chance it on some titles.

Can anyone here recommend The Talos Principle? I've had my eye on it for a while now.

Edited by Rocky