Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

17 minutes ago, Liam said:

I have it on the PS4 and have really got into it over the past few weeks. Shame I suck at it.

I bought it on PS4 first, but I subsequently bought it and all the DLC on PC. It is worth it, especially on sale. It actually looks graphically terrible on the PS4 when you've played it on PC. Additionally, the PC has mod support and has planned support for booster packs, which are not guaranteed for the console versions. 

Anyone have experience with the steam controller? Now that I have a better set up I installed it. I definitely need some practice with it. My mind can't wrap around the button/trackpad locations thing and the "D-Pad" feels too big. Plus the fact the batteries are in the handles make the handles too big.
I'll complain now, but I'll probably get too used to it, even the xbox controllers will feel small in my hands.

There's this program called Parsec that I found out about recently, and you can use it to stream your PC to other people across the world, so you can play offline games online and whatnot. I suppose it works in a similar vein to Teamviewer? And it works with emulation and that kinda thing as well. 

16 minutes ago, Owen said:

There's this program called Parsec that I found out about recently, and you can use it to stream your PC to other people across the world, so you can play offline games online and whatnot. I suppose it works in a similar vein to Teamviewer? And it works with emulation and that kinda thing as well. 

Very interesting, the only thing I wonder is how good/bad the latency and visual lag is when playing. Because I tried to play a few Lego games and Tales of Berseria on a different app (Remotr), and the latency was still prevalent enough to make it somewhat frustrating for the other party.

Just now, Jasonmufc said:

Very interesting, the only thing I wonder is how good/bad the latency and visual lag is when playing. Because I tried to play a few Lego games and Tales of Berseria on a different app (Remotr), and the latency was still prevalent enough to make it somewhat frustrating for the other party.

I can't be sure, but newLegacyinc have said they've played a few games of Here Comes the Pain on it (not streamed tho) and didn't complain about anything like that, so maybe it's decent!

26 minutes ago, Owen said:

I can't be sure, but newLegacyinc have said they've played a few games of Here Comes the Pain on it (not streamed tho) and didn't complain about anything like that, so maybe it's decent!

Very interesting stuff. I checked it out, and tried it out a bit on my home network and the latency is indeed pretty damn smooth.

Do you know if nL rented one of the offered parsec servers, or did they host the server on their own system to play with?

6 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

Very interesting stuff. I checked it out, and tried it out a bit on my home network and the latency is indeed pretty damn smooth.

Do you know if nL rented one of the offered parsec servers, or did they host the server on their own system to play with?

I honestly have no idea, might be worth asking them on Twitter!

I still suck at PUBG.

But I managed to get 10th place last night! Somehow!

I say somehow because by a combination of poor FPS, not being good at first-person shooters in general, and playing over wifi, I almost never manage to so much as damage people. The only time I do is with punches.

Pretty much my main method of staying alive is hiding in a house with a weapon trained at the door, hoping I'll get lucky if someone tries to go through the door.

That and avoiding bridges like they were locations of Trump rallies.

EDIT- Also been playing Alan Wake and holy shit the camera angle is horrendous. Love the story and aesthetic, difficulty is fine (enemies feel cheap but deaths are never entirely unfair), but when I hit the forward key I should be going directly forward, not forward and slightly to the side.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

1 hour ago, OctoberRavenO said:

I still suck at PUBG.

But I managed to get 10th place last night! Somehow!

I say somehow because by a combination of poor FPS, not being good at first-person shooters in general, and playing over wifi, I almost never manage to so much as damage people. The only time I do is with punches.

Pretty much my main method of staying alive is hiding in a house with a weapon trained at the door, hoping I'll get lucky if someone tries to go through the door.

That and avoiding bridges like they were locations of Trump rallies.

EDIT- Also been playing Alan Wake and holy shit the camera angle is horrendous. Love the story and aesthetic, difficulty is fine (enemies feel cheap but deaths are never entirely unfair), but when I hit the forward key I should be going directly forward, not forward and slightly to the side.

What are your settings on for PUBG? I've found that if everything is turned to low settings the FPS increases drastically. The quality does not change too much overall from high to low. A good method for improving is to constantly be on the move; try and stay in the middle of it all. If you ever wanted to play DUO's I'd be happy to give you a hand. I've clocked a lot of hours into PUBG.

3 hours ago, Paton said:

What are your settings on for PUBG? I've found that if everything is turned to low settings the FPS increases drastically. The quality does not change too much overall from high to low. A good method for improving is to constantly be on the move; try and stay in the middle of it all. If you ever wanted to play DUO's I'd be happy to give you a hand. I've clocked a lot of hours into PUBG.

My settings are already at low.

CoH nostalgia is hitting me hard.

I might see if I can reclaim the magic.

DCU Online or Champions Online?

I'm looking for customization and roleplay above all else. Leaning on Champions because CoH devs worked on it so I know there will be customization.

I am familiar with the Champions universe, so the familiarity of DCU isn't a plus for me.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

25 minutes ago, Apsham said:

DCU left me with a bad, bad taste in my mouth when it came to their support. I got into Champions Online a lot more in the short amount of time that I spent with it - DCU was too grungy and meh of a world to play in, at least at the start.

Grungy as in... Gotham-y?