Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

1 hour ago, MDK said:

God damn it, XCOM 2 is fucking hard.

It is, but oh so good.

Besides, you are one of my best soldiers! Most of EWB that I put in it are dead, and you are iirc the top rank you can get on the game. >_>

Just now, 9 to 5 said:

It is, but oh so good.

Besides, you are one of my best soldiers! Most of EWB that I put in it are dead, and you are iirc the top rank you can get on the game. >_>

You god damn right I am.

22 minutes ago, 9 to 5 said:

Yer a sniper. I didn't trust your mobility. 

Fair point.

I don't think I can name my guys after EWB'ers, I get way too attached to my soldiers. 

1 hour ago, thatshortguy said:

Anyone intrigued in NBA Playgrounds?  Thinking of getting it on the PC and reviews seems to be par for the course, but there's that nagging dissenting opinion for whatever reason.

caveat emptor.

I follow ACG on youtube, who does pretty good (short-ish) reviews about many games. He also did NBA Playgrounds, he conceded that it was a very fun game but suggested to wait for a sale or at least to a later date. Multiplayer hasn't yet been fully implemented, and it's 1v1 (AI controls the other two players on the court), it's also fully random matchmaking with no dedicated options, nor can you choose to party up with an online friend to play co-op or simply against each other.

The Dev has promised those features will be reality, and that they were partly 'forced' to go to market early to still make use of the NBA Playoff hype and not get forgotten around NBA2K's release. But as said, if you're looking to play with/against your mates online, give the game a pass until those features are added. If you just wanna play couch multi, random multi, or just singleplayer, it's a great game to get if you love the NBA Jam style.

Video review spoilered for size.

I started playing Heroes of the Storm over the weekend. I like it more than I thought I would, though I'm awful at it and I only have 3 characters (Nazeebo, Jaina and Lunara). I'm working on either getting the gold or the gems to unlock Varian Wrynn, because I played him a lot while he was a free-to-play hero and really liked how he played.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Broken Cloudy said:

I started playing Heroes of the Storm over the weekend. I like it more than I thought I would, though I'm awful at it and I only have 3 characters (Nazeebo, Jaina and Lunara). I'm working on either getting the gold or the gems to unlock Varian Wrynn, because I played him a lot while he was a free-to-play hero and really liked how he played.

It's a fun game, it just doesn't have lasting appeal for me for some reason. 

Do you not get the free champ pack and loot boxes?

I like it a lot more than LoL / Smite / DOTA etc. because it's much more streamlined. No "hearth back to base, buy items, you need these items for this build, hey stupid you bought the wrong item, IDIOT, WORST PLAYER, REPORTED".

And yeah, you get a free champion (I chose Jaina) and some loot boxes but I got shafted in all of my loot boxes. I just keep getting character skins and emoji packs. Of the probably 20+ loot boxes I've opened, Lunara is the only hero I've gotten out of them.

7 hours ago, Broken Cloudy said:

I like it a lot more than LoL / Smite / DOTA etc. because it's much more streamlined. No "hearth back to base, buy items, you need these items for this build, hey stupid you bought the wrong item, IDIOT, WORST PLAYER, REPORTED".

And yeah, you get a free champion (I chose Jaina) and some loot boxes but I got shafted in all of my loot boxes. I just keep getting character skins and emoji packs. Of the probably 20+ loot boxes I've opened, Lunara is the only hero I've gotten out of them.

But you should be able to unlock a pack that gives you like 20 free champions. I got the support pack.