Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

5 minutes ago, thatshortguy said:

How much was it marked down to?  Oftentimes, you can build it (or have your short friend) build it for you and come out significantly cheaper.

The one I'm seeing is $375 with an i7 and their ole custom Nvidia thing.

EDIT: It's this one, in particular: http://www.gamestop.com/pc/consoles/alienware-steam-machine-i7-1tb/121863

Edited by ROC

So the entire classic You Don't Know Jack series (except Volume 5 for licensing issues or something) is available on Steam. 3 bucks a game, or 9 games for 20.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2017 at 12:41, ROC said:

The one I'm seeing is $375 with an i7 and their ole custom Nvidia thing.

EDIT: It's this one, in particular: http://www.gamestop.com/pc/consoles/alienware-steam-machine-i7-1tb/121863

You could do a lot worse for $400.  I ran an i5 for the better part of a decade before upgrading and had no issues with AAA titles hanging around 30 FPS & 1080p.

It's pretty rare for the CPU to cause too many hang ups unless you're into games with heavy background simulation (Cities Skylines traffic, Planet Coaster guests, that kind of stuff).

I'd be more worried that it's a GPU made for laptops. 

Having said that, it wouldn't shock me if it's capable of outputting at the same resolution/graphics as a PS4. The issue I have with PC games is that you see that you're running stuff at what they deem low graphics settings and it can be hard to wrap your head around the fact that it's still better than PS4 graphics in a lot of cases and I kept wanting to run things at high which led me to buying a new PC.

• Like 1

@Meacon

And has anyone played Realpolitiks? It sounds like a game I would love, but I want to hear a bit more about it before I get it.

It looks like a game that would take a lot of time investment. If you are curious, there is a free demo on steam you could try.

Edited by Rocky
  • Like 1

so i went and did the stupid thing of getting the Ubercrate thing which i do NOT recommend as you don't really get anything worthwhile even if the games do meet the minimum value they talk about. Of the games I got for this month, ill post below the ones that don't intrigue me and they'll be first come first serve basis as will have the key codes attached. Please, go and say if you took something so people know.

Mini Metal:	6ABD9-HJN43-KLIG7
Cubium Dreams: M9A9R-NZA58-DM4BJ
Dogos:	JTZ3Y-3WQFM-CI8XE
Totem: GHLRN-ZW47B-A2CE5
Golden Swords: GC3IA-3V4EX-ATL0L
Sister's Secrecy: Arcanum Bloodline:	J8VBW-EP0N6-5BMCC
Chronology:	AMGWN-DPZ9J-JB7TN
Construct: Escape the System: 	EXM83-K78Z4-BY03Q
Anykey Simulator: E9KF8-ERICE-KPKEX
Edited by RoHitman Reigns

The fact that Ubercrate send everybody different "crates" monthly definitely doesn't sit good with me and the fact they are offering steamcrate items with it doesn't help at all.
I have the distinct feeling they've just rebranded themselves to avoid "Detection"

Actually. googling Ubercrate comes up with the old steamcrate link on stacksocial retitled as Ubercrate.

If I was you, I would probably go onto your account and remove any payment details you used on there. Steamcrate was just no good.
If I was you, I'd stick to the main bundle sites, Humblebundle, Bundlestars, IndieGala etc
At least with the latter two you actually see what you're buying in the bundles.

I'm not even game to sign up for the Humble Monthly because I'd rather curate my games and even though they've had some amazingly good value bundles generally I'm quite happy waiting and picking them up when the games finally drop to a low price because I'm now up to 500+ Steam games so it isn't like I'm hurting for something to play.

So there's absolutely no way I'd trust any other bundle service to give me stuff I'd want.

• Like 2

I'm basically the same. Which is how I've gotten myself over 500+ games too. Admittedly, I've bought quite a few bundles, mostly because there was a game or two in it I was interested in and the price made it quite a lot cheaper than retail. Humble Monthly is something I do so I get a "Surprise" every month. The Pay Early Bonus games were mostly worth picking up for at $12USD so I see the rest of it as extra on top.

Yeah Im just waiting out my ubercrate thing until jts over to get atleast SOME value out of it even though came at a major discount. It is a load of crap as someonw else I talked to got almost the same exact bundle barring 3 games so once my last mo th drops Imma cancel em.

11 hours ago, LUKIE said:

I just beat Greedier Mode with the Lost.

My life is complete.

I saw somebody on the Isaac subreddit saying they beat Greedier Mode with the Lost with Tarrot Cloth, Car Battery, Blank Card, Algiz Rune. It gave them six minutes of invincibility. 

I am a PS4 player, so I haven't got Afterbirth+ yet. But all I've got left for Afterbirth is the Bob's Brain challenge (I have tried it twice and just need to get in the right head space to beat it), Lost Mega Satan and everything hard mark minus greed mode for the Keeper. The Keeper fucking sucks. 

I am waiting to see if the mod booster packs make their way to PS4. It's been unclear if they do yet. The DLC does not seem worth the 10$ price tag if their is no mod booster packs on PS4. If they don't, I think I'll just wait and buy the whole bundle on PC. 

8 hours ago, RPS said:

I saw somebody on the Isaac subreddit saying they beat Greedier Mode with the Lost with Tarrot Cloth, Car Battery, Blank Card, Algiz Rune. It gave them six minutes of invincibility. 

I am a PS4 player, so I haven't got Afterbirth+ yet. But all I've got left for Afterbirth is the Bob's Brain challenge (I have tried it twice and just need to get in the right head space to beat it), Lost Mega Satan and everything hard mark minus greed mode for the Keeper. The Keeper fucking sucks. 

I am waiting to see if the mod booster packs make their way to PS4. It's been unclear if they do yet. The DLC does not seem worth the 10$ price tag if their is no mod booster packs on PS4. If they don't, I think I'll just wait and buy the whole bundle on PC. 

I actually really like AB+, I have no idea why and I've never used any of the mods. 

• Like 1

With AB+ and the mods and Antibirth and all that out, I keep wanting to try Isaac again but I haven't gotten round to it. I'm still a buster who hasn't unlocked anything yet and only has 2 hours in-game played time >_> I might dig out the 360 controller and give it another stab tonight.