Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

Everyone should play Orcs Must Die 2 co-op. It's wonderful!

Watch the video in my sig and turn it down because oh boy the sound is fucked for an example of how much fun it is. :shifty:

It's game of the year for me. It's quite possibly the best game I have ever bought for under 40 bucks new on release day (or just at full release price).

For 15 USD, this game is a steal.

Edited by Universal

Not sure if this is the right spot but I think it might fit in fine.

I'm looking into buying a new headset for PC gaming. Currently I am using Logitech H150 and it doesn't quite cut it .

Right now, I am down to 2 primary choices;

Roccat Kaves 5.1 - I just like the look of them and the hand controller thingy ^_^

Logitech G35 - These are what my GF uses and they have great sound. A little more pricey but I have been playing games more so whatever.

The reason I linked from this store is because that's where I'll get them from as it's just in town.

Any advice regarding these or any other set would be appreciated.

EDIT:

Also, if I can get some advice on a Snowball mic. Thanks

Everything I have read on audio type forums/Whirlpool etc is to buy proper headphones and get a cheap clip on mic. Reason being is that 5.1 headphones generally only have 2 drivers and then decode the digital out to make 5.1 happen in the headset (the true 5.1 ones are meant to be even worse performing), but even then it's generally cheaper to buy your own dolby decoder, headphones and mic than it is to buy a gaming set that will give you anywhere close to the same performance. But if you are going to be running them through a PC all you need is dolby headphone and a $30AUD sound card that will support it if you don't have one or your motherboard's built in one doesn't.

I haven't used either of those headsets you mentioned, I do own Sharkoon X-tatics though which from memory cost more than either of those. They are good as a headphone, but the mic is beyond shit (I was using it in the first podcast swapped it for a cheap headset which was heaps better mic wise). If I had my time over I would definitely go the normal headphone and mic route. That way you can still use them as headphones and also get far better performance.

Unfortunately it seems as if you are smack bang in the middle of two price ranges link to the current recommendations if you scroll almost to the bottom in regards to headphones. Most people seem to currently be creaming themselves over these. I was tempted to buy a pair but don't really have a need for a headset at the moment.

The Snowball is meant to be a great mic. It's just way overpriced over here and when I was looking to buy it Amazon wouldn't ship it here.

• Like 1

Cheers Quom. I'll look more into a headphone/mic combination and maybe keep my old headset as back ups. I'm not looking to get anything for a couple of weeks so I'll have time to do a decent look around.

X-Tactics look quite nice but I have a few too many things plugged in to the powerboard here already and the Fischers just look awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

It's always slightly worrying when the main selling point for your wrestling game appears to be the fact that it does, in fact, contain wrestling.