General Gaming Thread

TKz

I'm looking at getting an Android based tablet with a game pad in the next month or two. Has anyone used one that they'd suggest looking into? I've heard mixed reviews about the Archos Gamepad 2, but the one Archos product I ever had was pretty reliable, so I'm leaning towards that.

I'm looking at getting an Android based tablet with a game pad in the next month or two. Has anyone used one that they'd suggest looking into? I've heard mixed reviews about the Archos Gamepad 2, but the one Archos product I ever had was pretty reliable, so I'm leaning towards that.

The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 is not a bad little tablet. I've got one for sale if you wanna PM me. As far as a gamepad, my experience with the Archos was solid (no deadzones, everything felt responsive), but I agree that it's a mixed bag.

A rooted first gen Nexus 7 + a dualshock 3 is a pretty good combo if you want to go into android gaming, I've been using it as a semi-portable snes/mega drive/gb/gba emulation centre for a while now and it could probably be bought for the same price as a galaxy tab or cheaper if you look hard enough.

Final Fantasies have always intrigued me, but whenever I've tried to play I've ended up getting bored of them after the first few hours.

Then again the pig disgusting DRM on Final Fantasy VII on steam is probably a bigger reason why I don't load it up rather than the actual game itself :/

I like Final Fantasy 9, Ruki I swear to god I'll play that until I die.

I didn't know you were so passionate about Final Fantasy 9!

Edit: If you got bored of Final Fantasy a few hours in, Persona might not be the game for you (but it should be, it's fucking wonderful)...it's a bit of a slow burn for the first few hours.