General Gaming Thread

TKz

Preview looks are much more generous anyway. But the Idea to bring an alien game with just one alien sounds like a lot of fun. I wonder how much you can actualy drag that out or if the end this will just be the first houre and after that it´s FPS exploding heads action.

The fucking opening to Bravely Default, man. Nothing like it. I don't remember half those characters names, but fucking hell, that was some innovative use of the 3DS.

I really wish I could deal with using the 3D option, but man, it just hurts my eyes.

Have you tried using the 3DSXL? I had trouble with the original 3DS, but found the XL far more comfortable.

I don't want to believe... but it's such a good idea...

These disappointments... they've mostly been from Gearbox... mostly...

I thought the problem was that TimeGate (I think) took over Gearbox's work when Gearbox was doing Borderlands, and instead of keeping the assets and stuff that had looked good in the previews, trashed it all, started again, ran out of time and remembered they were actually a terrible developer?

Nope, Gearbox basically didn't make half the game and used the time and money that was supposed to go into the game on Borderlands 2. TimeGate played their part, but it's mostly thanks to Gearbox.

And I have a 3DSXL! Just hurts my head though...

Caught 007 Legends for $8 a week or so ago, Short Girl loved it.

It's very...very...similar in multiplayer to a certain game.

So I went out and got Black Ops 2. Short Girl has lost her damn mind with that game. Absolutely loves it. Frankly, I dig its offline multiplayer. One of the few games that understands there is still a market for people gathering under one roof and throwing down split-screen.

Another The Banner Saga raveing review.

Closing Comments:

An original work of epic fantasy in the truest sense of the term, The Banner Saga can only be called a triumph. Feature-quality production values make the world come alive, while weighty choices and deep combat with a real sense of consequence make for a story that feels both personalized and dramatically satisfying. If you’re getting tired of swords and sorcery, or just looking for meaty tactical battles, few RPGs will satisfy you better.

- See more at: http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/01/14/review-the-banner-saga-chapter-1/69679/#sthash.QDRN1Ujj.dpuf

I am about 7 hours in and is absolutely stunning.

Got around to starting Fire Emblem: Awakening on my 3DS yesterday (first game I've bought for it outside of Pokémon), it's pretty awesome, and Frederick is a total badass. My only complaint is that the map graphics are so piddling small, I was hoping for a bit more detail. Still, looking forward to playing it more when I get home