General Gaming Thread

TKz

As someone that never played Ocarina of Time as a kid, man this game is super boring. I've never enjoyed 3D Zelda, but I know most people consider post-OoT to be a step down, so I figured this would be fun. Nope. Not for me at all.

I like the 2D ones, Link to the Past and the Oracle of Seasons/Time! But the 3D Zelda's have just never clicked with me. Granted, my experiences are mostly from the Wii ones as I never played Wind Waker. To be fair to it, I'm not sure anything would have satisfied considering the decade of hype behind it.

You try playing a 15 year old game that's widely regarded as the best ever that you missed out on and see if it's any easier to like it!

I DIDN'T PLAY CHRONO TRIGGER AS A KID EITHER

AND YOU KNOW WHAT THE BATTLE SYSTEM FELT A LITTLE CLUMSY WHEN I TRIED IT RECENTLY

I'm sure it was awesome back then, but it's real highlight is laying some fantastic groundwork for what was to come. Without the nostalgia, it kind of just feels like what it is: the basis for most modern 3D action games. There's not much interesting to the story when you've already experienced it a thousand times since then in other works. >_>

I DIDN'T PLAY CHRONO TRIGGER AS A KID EITHER

AND YOU KNOW WHAT THE BATTLE SYSTEM FELT A LITTLE CLUMSY WHEN I TRIED IT RECENTLY

WHERE I COME FROM, THOSE ARE UNDULY SPECIFIC FIGHTING WORDS! :@

• Like 2

To be honest, I've only ever found the 3D Zelda games I've tried to be "quite good", rather than the flawless masterpieces they're often made out to be. I can see why people like them, but it's as if I'm missing something that so many others see in it.

In Ocarina of Time's case, I think it's actually aged very well for a 3D action game of its era, but my opinion of it now is more or less the same as it was when I tried it out at a friend's house a year or so after it came out on the N64. It was a great technical achievement at the time, but it's easy to see why someone would be disappointed in it after years of being aggressively told that it's the greatest game of all time, and that any suggestion to the contrary is a grave insult to the Nintendo God.

I've just completed Mass Effect 3.

What was all the bitching about how bad the ending was? I thought it made perfect sense for the series.

Did they change the ending or something because the only thing I can think of to complain about was that...

The Catalyst gave Shepard three choices on which direction he wanted to take the galaxy and you didn't get to make the choice.

...and that had such large ramifications though that it really couldn't have been done any other way.

The major problem was that no only did they promote that there would be no simple "A, b or c" ending but also that the Catalyst had nothing to do with anything that happend in the past three games, he just poped up in the end to give it a quick wrap, it´s just lazy. You can find youtube videos on why it sucks that go up to two hours explaining why it makes no sense and is stupid.

Good times for my kickstarter projects.

The Banner Sage gearing up for release.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/237990/

République comming this week

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/12/16/republique-launch-trailer

Broken Ages latest trailer (also getting a release in Jan i belive) looks stunning and has big name tallent.

• Like 1

Anyone here play League of Legends? After a quick forum search all I turned up is one person, Rukiko Amagi (do I know you? What was your old username?)

I'm on Oceania, but have still have a North American smurf if anyone plays (i'm guessing not).

Edited by snakesonaplane

That's Ruki, I'm pretty sure he plays somewhat regularly.

The major problem was that no only did they promote that there would be no simple "A, b or c" ending but also that the Catalyst had nothing to do with anything that happend in the past three games, he just poped up in the end to give it a quick wrap, it´s just lazy. You can find youtube videos on why it sucks that go up to two hours explaining why it makes no sense and is stupid.

Good times for my kickstarter projects.

The Banner Sage gearing up for release.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/237990/

République comming this week

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/12/16/republique-launch-trailer

Broken Ages latest trailer (also getting a release in Jan i belive) looks stunning and has big name tallent.

I find it really weird (in a good way) that video games are becoming such an accepted art/media form that pretty big names like Willem Dafoe, Ellen Page and Elijah Wood are getting involved in them.

If by somewhat regularly you mean most days, then yes!

I play on the NA servers and am but a lowly bronze 1. Top lane main (with a side of support)....usually play Riven/Renekton/Sona, while recently adding Yasuo/Shyvana/Irelia to the rotation.

I used to play Teemo, but people tend to get mad when I play him.

I don't really know much about LoL except that it's got an eSport level to it. What exactly does it entail?

It's a 5 v 5 battle arena, everyone picks a champion (Currently 114 or 115 I think?) and battles it out. You win by taking down enemy towers and destroying their nexus. That is putting it plainly, if you would like a more in depth explanation, I would gladly give it to you!