General Gaming Thread

TKz

I don't really know much about LoL except that it's got an eSport level to it. What exactly does it entail?

Think Diablo just with five human players takeing on five human players instead of 1000 skeletons to onehit. The basis is very simple, but since you face humans its very hard to master. I say give it at least 15 hours (which is still very little since a game easily can last 40-70 minutes) before you remotly are able to "get it" (as in, why you are dead all around the clock and everyone hates you, not as in actualy not suck).

• Like 1

I don't really know much about LoL except that it's got an eSport level to it. What exactly does it entail?

Think Diablo just with five human players takeing on five human players instead of 1000 skeletons to onehit. The basis is very simple, but since you face humans its very hard to master. I say give it at least 15 hours (which is still very little since a game easily can last 40-70 minutes) before you remotly are able to "get it" (as in, why you are dead all around the clock and everyone hates you, not as in actualy not suck).

Ah, so LoL works on the Final Fantasy XIII model.

• Like 1

I didn't start getting 'good' until I was around level 20 :shifty:

Here is a video from season 1 (we are now in the pre-season for season 4 right now)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_78J6FEouM

The basic concept remains the same, just more champions, different items, and updated graphics. Skip to about 18:25, as before that he is just explaining masteries/ruins, which is something you don't really need to worry about in the early levels.

So I guess me buying the CoD games for single player is stupid then? I hate playing games online. Always have to be honest as I much prefer playing them for the story. I enjoyed MW3 for as far as I've gotten through it. I'm also getting Black Ops and probably Ghosts soon.

I need some recommendations for Xbox 360 games with good stories.

So I guess me buying the CoD games for single player is stupid then? I hate playing games online. Always have to be honest as I much prefer playing them for the story. I enjoyed MW3 for as far as I've gotten through it. I'm also getting Black Ops and probably Ghosts soon.

Alan Wake for some outstanding storytelling, Mass Effect trilogy for a great arc of stories and characters, Borderlands 1 & 2 for some comedy and general fun, Sleeping Dogs for a fun GTA clone, and Tomb Raider for the "holy fuck they didn't just fix the gameplay, they actually gave Lara a really interesting character arc" feeling.

If you enjoy them, then no of course it's not stupid. I just personally haven't enjoyed them.

If you enjoy them, then no of course it's not stupid. I just personally haven't enjoyed them.

Well, like I said, MWIII was the first one that I ever played and I enjoyed it when normally I'm not an FPS type of gamer. I like third person adventure games and things like that. I was actually quite surprised at how much enjoyment I got out of MWIII. But I know that a lot of the CoD love is for multiplayer so if the story doesn't really get any better than I kind of feel like I shouldn't have asked for Black Ops and Ghost for xmas and should have went with some different games.

I have Fallout 3. I'm currently starting a trend where I have to finish a game before I can move onto the next one. It could be my next one after I get through the original Assassin's Creed. I'm hoping the Assassin's Creed series gets better because honestly, this one has not gained my confidence.

I'm trying to do the same. Need to finish GTA: Ballad of Gay Tony, before moving on to unfinished MGS4, Assassins Creed, then Arkham City. Then I can have new games, not before. I literally couldn't nominate anything for game of the year, most recent thing I've played is Walking Dead.

I have Fallout 3. I'm currently starting a trend where I have to finish a game before I can move onto the next one. It could be my next one after I get through the original Assassin's Creed. I'm hoping the Assassin's Creed series gets better because honestly, this one has not gained my confidence.

I've tried every Assassin's Creed, except the newest one and I just could not get into any of them.

• Like 1

I need to get back into LoL. I haven't played in probably a year, so there's a bunch of new champions and game modes I want to try out sometime. ARAM in particular looks fun.

I need to get back into LoL. I haven't played in probably a year, so there's a bunch of new champions and game modes I want to try out sometime. ARAM in particular looks fun.

ARAM is a blast! You should totally get back into it. With season 4 there are a bunch of vision changes (max 3 ward limit, so that doesn't fall all on the support. And there is more support gold, so they are more fun to play).

If you get back into it, add me! My summoner name is Ruki Lanark.