General Gaming Thread

TKz

This isn't something I've had experience with but I can't imagine it'd work. You can't transfer ownership, AFAIK, so it'd probably just tell you that you can't play it unless you're signed in as the other account.

In other news, I found a copy of Tomb Raider 3 on PS1 today. I never really properly played those games when they were new, rather I just spent time maybe dicking around on the first level, otherwise I was in Lara's mansion, making her swan dive to her death from her second floor. The game forcing it's awkward camera positioning to get a good shot of her bum and horrible controls aside, it was fun to revisit that again. I had forgotten about that creepy butler though, you're just running around and you hear weird groaning and the tinkling of crockery. I can imagine that would be really confusing and weird to anyone playing for the first time, it took me a few seconds to remember WTF it was.

Well that just did its job. Went from totally meh about the whole thing to thinking I'll probably day one it.

To expand I thought it was their normal licencing type deal where they just gave the characters over for money. I didn't realise that the South Park team were also putting effort into making sure it was up to standard and met their expectations.

Well that just did its job. Went from totally meh about the whole thing to thinking I'll probably day one it.

To expand I thought it was their normal licencing type deal where they just gave the characters over for money. I didn't realise that the South Park team were also putting effort into making sure it was up to standard and met their expectations.

That's what they did for the previous South Park games that were released in the PS1/N64/Dreamcast era. Being keen video game fans themselves, Parker and Stone decided that they wanted to make sure they were heavily involved with the creative process for this game as a way of ensuring it didn't end up being as bad as those previous games. That's presumably also why they decided to collaborate with Obsidian, a studio with a decent pedigree in the RPG domain.