General Gaming Thread

TKz

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ubisoft-abandons-watch-dogs-trademark-what-does-that-mean/1100-6417495/

Ubisoft has abandoned one of half-a-dozen trademarks it holds for upcoming open-world game Watch Dogs, but it doesn't mean the much-anticipated open-world game is canceled.

As spotted by a NeoGAF forum member, Ubisoft on February 1 abandoned its main Watch Dogs trademark after the publisher filed an "express abandonment" request. This request was filed by none other than Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot. You can see the full request here.

The trademark, U.S. Serial No. 85642398, is the principal Watch Dogs trademark and covers "game software and electronic game programs." Interestingly, the abandonment came just three days after Ubisoft was granted an extension on the trademark.

Ubisoft continues to hold five trademarks for Watch Dogs. These include trademarks covering "online computer games," game instruction manuals, toys, TV shows and theatrical performances, and clothing like pajamas and "infants' one-piece garments."

It's possible that Ubisoft's abandonment of this Watch Dogs trademark means the game's title has been changed or that administrative issues mandated such an action. We don't know and a Ubisoft representative was not immediately available to comment.

Speaking of things that might have been budget titles but apparently aren't (not that I subscribed to this Stick of Truth as a budget release but whatevs), I'm annoyed at myself for never actually pre-ordering the new Earth Defence Force at the low, low price of £16 that Gamestop UK had it at when the few places that had it listed did so at like £30+. Then they shifted the price more in line with everyone else and my frugal heart sank.

Still, at least we're getting the same week as America unlike that gap for IA for no particular reason. Not that anyone cares about this game but me. :shifty:

PC pricing usually depends on the publisher. I've noticed that EA, Activision and Ubisoft-funded games tend to be more expensive than those published by, say, 2K or Valve, although even they seem to have hiked their prices up by a fiver or so during the last couple of years. You'll see similar trends in the big Steam sales, during which certain publishers are more inclined than others to offer substantial discounts on their games.

It's the next gen price bump. AC4 was £40 on release too. I'd expect to see that happen a lot more for the next few years. Once PS4 and XBone titles drop back to £40, we'll probably see the PC titles take a dip too.

No idea where else to put this, but what must play RPGs would you guys recommend to someone who has only ever played (and completed) Pokemon Red, Ni No Kuni and Earthbound?

I'm currently toying between Mother 3 and Chrono Trigger, but any other recommendations would be welcome.

I am hardly a huge RPG guy but I put Chrono Trigger at number 2 on my must play RPG list between Fallout 1 and 2.

You guys thought Stick Of Truth was going to be a budget title?

I didn't think it was going to be £10, but I didn't expect £40 either. I was going to get it on release, but I think I'll wait now.

I was fortunate enough to get my pre-order in through GreenManGaming for around £20, back when it was still a THQ-published title. However, what I purchased then was supposedly going to be a Steam key, and I'm now wondering if Ubisoft will end up making me redeem it through uPlay instead.

Humble Sid Meyer Bundle.

https://www.humblebundle.com/?utm_source=Humble+Bundle+Newsletter&utm_campaign=0f8f955160-newsletter_sidmeier&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_990b1b6399-0f8f955160-93075789

Since the south park game is going to get a PC release i will just wait till it gets dirty cheap 2-6 weeks after release.

You guys thought Stick Of Truth was going to be a budget title?

I didn't think it was going to be £10, but I didn't expect £40 either. I was going to get it on release, but I think I'll wait now.

I was fortunate enough to get my pre-order in through GreenManGaming for around £20, back when it was still a THQ-published title. However, what I purchased then was supposedly going to be a Steam key, and I'm now wondering if Ubisoft will end up making me redeem it through uPlay instead.

Actually, scratch that. Obsidian have confirmed today that it will use Steam only. Lucky me.

Game Informer beat the story mission in under two hours, and Konami says testers could speed run it in 5 minutes. How long it takes to complete the story mission and explore the camp is up to the player, but the extra missions add some replay value to the game.

Maybe I will skip MGS: Ground Zeros.