General Gaming Thread

TKz

Sledgehammer games have been added to the dev cycle of Infinity Ward and Treyarch taking Call of Duty each a year, meaning each new CoD game will have a three year development cycle now.

So hey, in three years we might get a Call of Duty that actually innovates in some meaningful way!

JUST KIDDING, HAVE SOME MORE DOG DLC

tvuIZrx.jpg

• Like 2

According to Activision's press release, this new development model will allow for "more focus on DLC and micro-DLC". I'm not entirely sure what "micro-DLC" is, but why does it sound like another cynical cash-grab, and not the exciting creative opportunity Activision seem to be suggesting it is? It's almost as if they're trying to further increase their money:effort ratio.

But Activision would certainly never do such a transparently consumer-unfriendly thing as that.

In mobile gaming news, the Flappy Bird dev has stated that he's taking the game down roughly a day from now. He claims it's not due to any sort of legal issues, he just can't handle it anymore and has grown to hate the game.

Mike Bithell, the guy who created the game Thomas Was Alone, has a pretty good blog post up about the toll making a game like that (or any indie game) can take on a person.

In March, the following games drop:

Titanfall

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

InFamous: Second Son

South Park: Stick of Truth

I'm going to need a hefty fucking paycheck this month and a fucking lot of time on the 21st.

http://www.gamestop.co.uk/Xbox%20360/Games/44328/earth-defense-force-2025

EDF 2025 back to just under £16 at GameStop! LAAAAAAAAAADS!

(Well, plus £2 postage unless you buy something else to get it up to £20 and get free shipping but still, it's like 30+ elsewhere!)

In March, the following games drop:

Titanfall

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

InFamous: Second Son

South Park: Stick of Truth

I'm going to need a hefty fucking paycheck this month and a fucking lot of time on the 21st.

I heard Ground Zeroes is like 2 hours long so that should help

Yeah, though I've seen people have been saying that if you beat the main story in those two hours, you'll only be at like... 8% completition. So it could go either way, maybe there's a ton of side content that justifies the price. Or there could be a fuckton of dog tags or some bullshit to collect that pads it out. >_>

I've heard from people playing a copy of the game at an expo that five hours into it there was still tons of content to do, apparently. So I dunno, it's hard to tell right now.