General Gaming Thread

TKz

I do look forward to the 3 way debate of "Let's continue the Dragons legacy!" "No, the Dragons should just be for the core people like Dan/Gazz/Summers etc!" "No, we don't want that stupid Dragons shit from the gaybox!"

Also, double post, but whatever.

I'm considering a racing wheel in the near-ish future. I don't plan on playing competitively online, but I don't feel like ruining my thumbs with analog sticks. I just wanna make driving games more immersive/fun.

So, any mid-ish level racing wheels that are PS4/PC compatible that people can recommend?

• 3 weeks later...

I've started playing Suikoden II for the first time. And man, it's almost so huge that it's intimidating. So many characters to collect, I feel like I need to play with GameFAQs up or I'm going to miss so much stuff.

Not huge on the lack of tutorial on Runes and how the systems work, maybe Suikoden explained it, but it wouldn't have hurt to have the option of them in the new game. Also is it just me or does it not show how much exp to get to the next level? It's fun enough so far, though. Don't know how long I'll stick to it, but it's nice to have a reason to use my Portable PSOne Emulator. (PSP GO!)

Shadow of Mordor reviews will start going out tonight at midnight US time, apparently. After all the recent embargoes until launch, it's fairly refreshing and nicely pro-consumer to see a review a few days ahead of release.

Shadow of Mordor reviews will start going out tonight at midnight US time, apparently. After all the recent embargoes until launch, it's fairly refreshing and nicely pro-consumer to see a review a few days ahead of release.

Seriously? That is awesome!

Hopefully people notice this here, for whatever reason people have been sticking multi platform next gen stuff in the One or PS4 thread rather than here, how is Shadow of Mordor for people who have little to no LotR experience? I reached the end game of Destiny and have come to the realisation that I don't give a shit so the urge to trade it in has skyrocketed. We've got Forza Horizon 2 out this week along with Mordor so those two are good candidates, otherwise maybe just save the credit for Sunset Overdrive or something.

• Like 1

Has nothing really to do with the main film series, all you need to know is that Sauron is the bad guy and Mordor is where all the bad guys live.

Pretty much.

It's a ton of fun! I love the fighting system (well, it is Batman...)...and the fights are actually challenging. It's really cool that the Orcs get promoted when they kill you.

I'm liking it - does anyone know if the map expands or it goes to another area? Spoiler the answer regardless of course, but the area that I am playing in feels tiny at the moment compared to what I was expecting. I love the way that the system works in the game but it does feel a bit more limiting than what I was expecting.. either way it's great fun.

There was a Game of Thrones RPG that was apparently pretty poor, but I don't know of any that are in development at the moment. The only game I can think of that will carry the Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones licence is Telltale's upcoming episodic adventure series.

Given that it looks like the DLC is going to basically be Alien - the game (well the main game sort of is but I mean with the original cast and crew) I'll take the hit on the frustration. I expect at times it'll feel cheap with an element of rubber banding and I'll get annoyed at times with really hard sections but it should be. It's Alien and a survival horror version rather than the more traditional "if it moves shoot it" most games based on the material have been.