General Gaming Thread

TKz

It's been just about long enough for me to forget how monotonous MW3/BLOPS2 were, and still remember that MW1 was serious fun. I'm probably going to get this. PC or console though?

If the PC port is as good as TB is suggesting it might be then it probably entirely depends on

1. Are you a mouse and keyboard guy or a controller guy?

2. What do most of your friends have it on?

For me, if I were to get another COD game, I'd almost certainly get it on console. I know a grand total of 1 person who plays COD on PC and while I like her more than any of my other friends, I dunno if I like her more than all my other friends put together.

If you could, that'd be absolutely amazing. I owe you one!

I just realised how stupidly child-oriented the games I bought were. Although I'm not counting Spyro in that because Spyro is the best.

I also bought 50 Cent: Bulletproof and Charlie's Angels because they were BOGOF and I thought it'd be funny.

So... Advanced Warfare is actually pretty awesome. The movement is fast paced and fun and I really like all the new systems they put into place. Played a single level of the campaign as well and that was pretty awesome.

Yup. Can confirm. Multiplayer is a fucking nuts with the new movement. It totally changes how you play the multi compared to the last games. It's hilarious that you have this instinctive to jump dash as high as possible straight away, despite that more often than not leaving you open to everyone on the map.

I'm curious to see how the game will look a few weeks from now. I have to imagine that some map problem will pop up eventually where someone finds a way to boost out of bounds and just snipe people forever.

Also holy shit, double XP + being mildly good at the game is ridiculous. I went 24-5 in my second game, went from Level 4 to Level 10 and at one point had a constant stream of medals popping up for nearly thirty seconds straight! :P

Can anyone suggest some good online stores that reliably deliver games on/before release day?

Shopto tends to be very reliable for day one deliveries, even if their prices aren't usually the absolute lowest you'll find on the Internet. They're still cheaper than retail shops more often than not, though, and they promise to give you £5 credit if you don't receive the game on the scheduled release date. From personal experience, I've received pretty much every game I've ever pre-ordered from them a day before street release.