General Gaming Thread

TKz

I'll just put it out there that despite a fair few good experiences, I've had one or two shitty ones from them. My order of Lightning Returns never turned up and they weren't very good at all about refunding it. There's a bit much of a process to it.

I mean in retrospect, maybe they were trying to do me a favor with Lightning Returns...

?

The joke is that you trade in games and consoles very quickly.

It was not a good joke. :(

Do they charge before the goods are released (IE: at checkout) or do they wait until it's actually left?

Up to you, you can do both with shopto.

They also do finance deals on consoles, Benji. >_>

Shopto's finance deals are pretty nice, if you ever look into them Benji. I've got a Wii U on finance with them and I was able to customize it quite well. 1 month wait until I start paying, 3 months of paying at £60 a month.

Was quite nice to find somewhere where I could pay more by month and not have to live with the finance for the next year.

I bout CoD:AW on a whim today and am just about to pop it on for the first time. I wasn't going to buy it but I had Mordor to trade in and fancied something I could get some re-playability out of.

Last CoD I played was MW2 on the PC so I'm going to be hopeless in multiplayer!

To be honest, after trading SoM in and using my reward points, I only ended up paying about £15 for it. I'll definitely play it more than SoM so it's a pretty safe purchase for me.

Played the first 3 chapters of the single player so far and it's a lot of fun. I'm sure it's your standard CoD fare but, having not played one for a long time, I'm quite into it.

Gonna dive into multiplayer in a bit. Let the slaughter commence.

Edit - 18-9 first multiplayer game! :) Team lost though.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

No can do until 2015 at least. If I've worked my finances out right then I'm going to struggle the next couple of months, let alone with that on top. On the plus side, I still can't say there's any games I consider killer announced for it until Uncharted 4.

I have got one word for you....

CONVOY!

Pissed off with Shopto.net, decided to order a couple of games from them for the first time in ages and after having just moved I gave new billing details and told I can't modify my delivery address until after two orders have gone through for security reasons. No problem, it's going to me anyway... Wrong, they decided to send it to the old delivery address they wouldn't let me change anyway, despite the bank account details being different rather than just the new card. Hopefully they correct it quickly, has anyone else had any problems with them?

Just signed up for Giant Bomb Premium. Oh man, if you like the Giant Bomb guys and enjoy Let's Play's... there's a fucking lot of your moneys worth. I've stumbled upon a few hundreds hours of the guys playing Chrono Trigger and Persona 4!

• Like 1