General Gaming Thread

TKz

Has anyone gotten to the point with gaming before where they decided that they've played as enough dudes jumping through levels, climbing things and shooting generic bad guys - to have their fill for the rest of their lives? I was so excited for so many games this year and none of them really managed to hold my interest all that much. It's kind of annoying really but dear god. I've had more fun gaming recently playing Pokemon and Civ5 than I have for aaaaages.

So I was given one of these

http://www.amazon.com/Saitek-ST290-Programmable-Joystick-Throttle/dp/B0000AW9RE

What the hell can I play with it? I tried The Binding Of Isaac but for some reason it would only let the joystick control the co-op baby and not Isaac.

I must say, playing as this Tyson McFighty chap on EA UFC is rip roaring fun. His uppercut in particular is quite deadly. Though, I fear I have sullied his good name by accidentally hitting my opponent after I KO'd him. Bully!

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm just playing on beginner so I can have a larf at pummeling the computer. :shifty:

Also just realised my mistake in that post calling it EA MMA. Silly me.

Just finished up my second playthrough of Dragon Age Inquisition, gonna wait till a patch comes before starting a third, so pick my next game:

Bayonetta 2

Murdered: Soul Suspect

Evil Within

Alien Isolation

Shadow of Mordor

Wolf Among Us

Or something else entirely? My backlog is out of control.

As the only one of those games I've played, I can only vouch for The Wolf Among Us, but it's absolutely worth playing. Considering how long Dragon Age must be, the short, episodic nature of a Telltale game should be a nice change of pace, but it's also a really engaging story in its own right.

Bayonetta 2 is fucking incredible. My reason for buying a Wii U. The only game that comes close in terms of great gameplay is Shadow of Mordor, which has far and away some of the greatest emergent gameplay in years.

I adore Alien too, it's an incredible horror game that captures the feel of Alien perfectly. I think your dig it if you like Alien and I know you're a big horror guy. It's just a little long is the only shame, which is an odd complaint, but I'm not sure a horror game needs to be a solid 20 hours.

Jesus, how have you finished it twice already? >_>

Wolf Among Us was my GOTY. Great fun with a lot more ambiguity on right and wrong than TWD.

I've had the last 11 days off work, that helped.

My wife has finished it three times though... and is now playing Origins for the fifth time.

I think I'm going with Alien. Although if I can have a first world problem moment, I own it on disc, so waiting for it to install is a motherfucker. Maybe I'll play the first episode of a Telltale game in the meantime.

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking it'd be great to pay like £10 a month for access to all of EA's latest sports games. I have no interest in paying £40 every year just for an updated FIFA (which is the only game I'd likely buy if I did), but if I could pay £120 a year for FIFA, NFL, NBA, NHL, PGA and MLB games then I'd likely play the shit out of them all.

I picked up Soul Suspect when it was like 13 dollars over the winter break and it's.. alright I guess? The concept of being a ghost and going through things dies out pretty quickly and I figured the best part about the game would be solving the side cases, something that I saw at the start of a play through that I didn't bother to finish but it doesn't come along THAT often and it's not all that intensive either. To solve one of the cases, I literally had to just look to the right of me and ALL the clues were in a single location NEXT to the ghost I was trying to solve the problem for.

If you already have it, sure - play it at some point where you want to knock off a few hours. But apart from that it's just a simple collect-a-thon, go here and do the puzzle that you already know the answer to, etc.