General Gaming Thread

TKz

• 2 weeks later...

I really wish we could get a NJPW game on this gen. Or even if they could just port Fire Pro to the PS4. Anybody have any idea how much trouble/money that would cost them to just port the version over? I know they aren't making any more due to low sales, but I don't like having to go back to my PS2 just to play. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Reports are swirling around about a new Rock Band game. I know plenty of people are done with the rhythm game genre, but I would be most delighted about such a prospect.

Rock Band DLC has been creeping back out (Tenacious D and Weezer tracks being the latest.) Read quite a bit of chatter that Harmonix has partnered with cable manufacturers for a cable that allows you to use real instruments ala Rocksmith or their Ion drum kit.

If DLC carries over, I will preorder Rock Band 4 the day they announce it.

Reports are swirling around about a new Rock Band game. I know plenty of people are done with the rhythm game genre, but I would be most delighted about such a prospect.

Verily.

Gamespot and IGN have written stories on it today based on a report from Bloomberg Business. Harmonix also look set to make a not-so-secret appearance at PAX in March.

Shit, I'd be all over a new Rock Band but I have a PS4 and all my old songs (of which I have way too many) were bought on 360. I can't remember if there was some kind of overarching Harmonix account ala The Rockstar Social Club but, if those songs do carry over, I'd hate to miss out because I didn't stick with Microsoft right away.

Shit, I'd be all over a new Rock Band but I have a PS4 and all my old songs (of which I have way too many) were bought on 360. I can't remember if there was some kind of overarching Harmonix account ala The Rockstar Social Club but, if those songs do carry over, I'd hate to miss out because I didn't stick with Microsoft right away.

There isn't - which sucks hard. I really wish they had the foresight to do something along those lines because when I last played Rock Band 3 I had all the songs that I could carry over from 1, 2, Green Day, LEGO, Blitz and AC/DC along with a shit ton of DLC. Getting them all back for Blitz the last time I wanted to play it was SUCH a pain in the ass.

Rock Band DLC has been creeping back out (Tenacious D and Weezer tracks being the latest.) Read quite a bit of chatter that Harmonix has partnered with cable manufacturers for a cable that allows you to use real instruments ala Rocksmith or their Ion drum kit.

Rocksmith is working amazing, i would love to see a new rock band useing their way of picking up sounds. Hopefully there will be a PS3 Version and the option to upgrade some of the Songs we already own to this.

• 2 weeks later...

The video the Harmonix team did was really great, they seem so excited for it.

I need to upgrade my peripherals, so I won't mind buying a new bundle, but I'm glad everything is backwards compatible.

Rock Band will always have a special place in my heart, I bought the first one right before Thanksgiving of 2007 and my wife and I played it non-stop that weekend. Like, up till 6am non-stop. We'd only been together for a few months at that point too, but had so much fun. We moved in shortly after that, still playing non-stop. I think our favorite Rock Band memory though was the day RB2 came out, we got *one* song in and then this massive wind storm hit the city and knocked out power for days... we were so pissed, just because we couldn't play Rock Band. Between that, completing the Endless Setlist on expert (fuuuuuuuuuuck you Green Grass and High Tides), laughing our asses off when we tried playing Metallica "Battery" on expert (we still can't get through the intro), and getting our instruments out of the basement this week to play RB3, which we hadn't played much, Rock Band will always have a special place in my heart.

• Like 1