General Gaming Thread

TKz

Did you guys see the bit of the Q and A about cross-platform DLC compatibility (ie, importing PS3 songs to XB1/ 360 songs onto PS4)? They can't promise anything (because the licensing is complicated) but they are looking into it.

I'm excited for Harmonix to do it again. I'm not excited for Activision to seep in and flood the market again, thereby killing it.

• Like 1

Well, there have been rumours that Guitar Hero could also be making a comeback, so that's a real possibility, sadly. If these games sell poorly from the get-go, this could well be the end, but if they sell well, you can probably expect Guitar Hero: Velvet Underground, Guitar Hero: Dead Kennedys and Guitar Hero: Great Hits We Didn't Include on the Last Greatest Hits Compilation at some point next year.

Harmonix seem to be better at pacing themselves. If the market gets over satuated so be it, it won't really affect their marketing and style. Especially if they keep up with the "platform" philosophy that made the previous ones so good. I'm glad to see Rock Band coming to the next gen and it's near instant preorder (UK, Playstation, I'm waiting until at least 2018...) I do hope the changes they talk of don't change the game too drastically, whilst bringing it forward. It sounds like "team combos" are going to be more important than previous editions.

It's one of the few games I know that brings together so many people to play, people who don't normally play any kind of video game will happily grab a guitar or a microphone and start playing Rock Band. Playing a four-player (2 guitars, 1 drummer, me on vocals) setlist is so much fun, but so is trying to get ranked on the world leaderboard playing by myself.

I have absolutely no interest in playing Rock Band competitively, but I played the first three games (plus The Beatles: Rock Band) a lot with my sister whenever she was around, and I consider them my favourite multiplayer games ever. I know there will always be people who will look down their noses at rhythm games and say that those who play them should just take up a real instrument, but connecting with friends and family over the common interest of a collaborative music is much more appealing to me than learning how to play the riff from Voodoo Child ever could be.

Shit, Rock Band 4 is the one thing I've been hoping for and I expected to have to wait until E3 to hear some kind of announcement but this is AWESOME. I bought all of my DLC on 360 and am now on PS3 but I'm not too concerned. From what I gather, they'll release "legacy" DLC out in chunks to the new systems and, when I think about the songs I actually played, I might save some money by just sticking with PS4 and redownloading what I want. Though I DO want to pick up an Xbox One at some point. It's only been about 12 hours but I'm already way too excited about this.

I'm curious about how this is going to roll out. Since it's 'Rock Band 4', I'm assuming it'll be an on-disc release rather than a Singstar style download that you buy instruments for but the pricing of the instruments is what I'm interested in since my old stuff has long since fallen apart. If we're talking song wishlists, give me Uptown Funk or give me nothing.

Did you guys see the bit of the Q and A about cross-platform DLC compatibility (ie, importing PS3 songs to XB1/ 360 songs onto PS4)? They can't promise anything (because the licensing is complicated) but they are looking into it.

I imagine that will be tricky since I figured they're tying it to your gamertag. Would be interesting how they would pull that off though.