General Gaming Thread

TKz

Isn't that basically an axcop fps? From the imagination of child comes randomness and all that.

I really like the graphical style, but otherwise the game doesn't look interesting to me yet

The man who essentially created the first home video games console, Ralph Baer passed away on Saturday aged 92. If you've ever played a video game (and since you're in this thread, I'm guessing you have), it's in no small part thanks to Ralph Baer for pioneering the technology.

Axe Cop works because it has a very original sort of insanity, not EVIL TEDDY BEAR USES MACHINE GUN IN CADAVER FACTORY LOL. No surprise it's the guy behind Twisted Metal.

But isn't Axcop praised because it's "childs' ideas, parent's drawing"? Which essentially this game is the same concept. Just because it's a different child and he is insane in a different way doesn't diminish the similarity.

• Like 1

Well, for Axe Cop a very young child ACTUALLY thought up the idea. And for this game people sat around and said "what would a high schooler think is cool" and then teleported to the 90s and played Twisted Metal for a bit.

It's a fairly substantial age gap, far different execution, and an idea that could be taken so vastly differently.. just, no.

I will never understand when RPGs have inventory caps. I get that it's unrealistic to carry everything, but when you can still carry 20+ swords around, that argument goes out of the window, and it serves absolutely no purpose beyond frustrating the player. Just let people carry all they want, devs!