General Gaming Thread

TKz

Nobody's really sure what it means yet, but know that Burnie & Gus are no longer the big cheeses. Fullscreen owns RT lock, stock, and two smoking dicks.

Burnie is doing a Q&A on their site, but hasn't really stepped beyond the typical 'this is great, we have all their monies now!' rigamarole you usually see from this acquisition speeches. I doubt you'll see a huge change in RT content right now. If stuff like Lazer Team does well, it may mean a shift to more long-form entertainment, but I'm still leery of situations like this.

TBF, when Fullscreen bought Screwattack, they were able to expand to a new location which was renovated to their specifications and with more staff members. Though, FS also had in mind that they would be running their multi-channel network arm so I dunno if they have any side things for RT to do other than just carry on being themselves.

That's two Texas things so far though, maybe Maxx's comedy house is next. :shifty:

• Like 1

Anyone else just not able to get into Watch Dogs?

Not just you, it was a struggle. It's a good game once you get into it, but nothing beyond that. It reminded me a lot of the first Assassin's Creed, where the groundwork is there but it's just not the game it could and should be.

From what I understand about the RT acquisition, Burnie and Matt stay in their positions as CEOs of the company and RT's keeping their Austin location - but they're also going to be expanding to Los Angeles. I'm not too worried, since Fullscreen's got partnerships with Cyanide & Happiness, Grace Helbig, The Fine Brothers, Shane Dawson and a number of well-known YouTubers.

TBF, when Fullscreen bought Screwattack, they were able to expand to a new location which was renovated to their specifications and with more staff members. Though, FS also had in mind that they would be running their multi-channel network arm so I dunno if they have any side things for RT to do other than just carry on being themselves.

That's two Texas things so far though, maybe Maxx's comedy house is next. :shifty:

That would be extremely helpful, actually.

Unity is looking like a performance disaster across the board. The parity thing doesn't really hold much weight anymore in the way that people originally thought it to be - it wasn't being held back because of the One, it's shit performance and optimization across the board INCLUDING PC.

I can finally play Massive Chalice! Did two combats....seems fun! Sad that there aren't more classes though.

Now I have this, Valkyria Chronicals, The Walking Dead season 1 replay, Walking Dead season 2....plus Persona Q and Dragon Age coming soon. Time to become a hermit.