General Gaming Thread

TKz

I had no clue what that was and now I need it more than anything.

So good!

So I'm not just bad! The game is actually set to the Super Hard mode or whatever for the beta. In the coming months they'll be adding easier difficulties (I'll take medium, please).

Gonna set this game down for a few months, in that case. It's just too difficult for me. There are way too many enemies on the map (usually 10+) and they hit wayyyy too hard.

It's an odd choice, but "90s Nintendo" difficulty can be a selling point for indy games. Remember 1990s Mode on Bioshock: Infinite, or Hardcore Mode for Fallout: New Vegas? Some people dig the extra challenge.

Making super hard your default and not providing a slider is a very strange choice though.

I played Hardcore Mode as the default, but I screwed up one game and accidentally got vilified by the legion before getting the chip from Benny. I was playing a lucky scoundrel with no real combat skills, but decided to tank the fort with power armor and s small armies worth of weapons. Incinerator, minigin, gatling laser, and Annabelle. As I loaded ed-e with rocket after rocket I had the thought that in Fallout 3, without hardcore mode and with ammo weightless, there would be no need to take the flying packmule.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just played The Binding Of Isaac for the first time. Holy poop, the streamers I watch that get really good at this are insane.

• 2 weeks later...

EA: "PLAY AS COPS WITH BIG GUNS. MURDER PEOPLE IN THE STREETS. KILL MASKED, LITERALLY FACELESS VILLAINS. BATTLEFIELD: THE MOTHERFUCKING STREETS OF AMERICA, SO GOOD YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO BREATHE."

This is like Crisis on Infinite Gazzpalms.

• Like 1

Show was OK. VGA's got a lot of flack over the years, never saw them myself to comment but the thing I rolled my eyes it here is that whole 'I'M A REAL GAMER ME, HONEST' thing that seems to pop up at things like this. Some cool stuff on show though.

Jack Bauer doesn't understand videogames.

Holy shit does Metal Gear Online look promising. Too bad that was totally scripted and it will never actually play like that in actuality.

Edited by SeanDCouturier