General Gaming Thread

TKz

Is it just me or is there a distinct lack of interesting releases this year? We're already in April and I honestly can't say anything beyond the likely annual releases has particularly appealed to me, and certainly not looking like "must buy" games.

Is it just me or is there a distinct lack of interesting releases this year? We're already in April and I honestly can't say anything beyond the likely annual releases has particularly appealed to me, and certainly not looking like "must buy" games.

it's not just you. Persona 5 is the only game I'm looking forward to this year.

• Like 1

I'm excited for Mortal Kombat and Arkham in the next few months but I have no idea what's coming out past August or so. Will N++ be this year? Gang Beasts and No Man's Sky hitting the PS4 would be nice too.

I'm excited for Mortal Kombat and Arkham in the next few months but I have no idea what's coming out past August or so. Will N++ be this year? Gang Beasts and No Man's Sky hitting the PS4 would be nice too.

Man, I remember when I used to be so excited for Mortal Kombat but fighting games really don't interest me anymore. I downloaded Injustice when it was free and had no interest whatsoever in it.

I'm looking at picking up Arkham Knight (preordered), Mortal Kombat X, the Final Fantasy X/X-2 remake (which I still can't find a release date for, anyone know?) Dead Island 2, might possibly go back and get Dying Light.

So I've got a decent little list to go through. I've still got a backlog of PS+ games to actually play through as well, of the ~20 I've downloaded I've only bothered putting any effort into CounterSpy :P

I downloaded the PS3 version of Counterspy after seeing y'all talk about it and realizing that version was on + too. Though, to be honest, it just kinda reminded me of Shadow Complex so I went and played that again instead. :shifty:

A few friends of mine are all about MK, but I really think fighting games passed me by a while ago. It's part of the reason WWE 2k15 disappointed me so much. Sometimes I just want a game where it's mindless multiplayer fun.

Not every fighting game needs to be tournament level, but I suspect that is where the real money is for that genre nowadays.

Man, I remember when I used to be so excited for Mortal Kombat but fighting games really don't interest me anymore. I downloaded Injustice when it was free and had no interest whatsoever in it.

I'm in, no way, good at fighting games but I'm still someone that gets friends round fairly often and they're still great for local multiplayer. Plus, I love seeing how batshit the story goes and have had a warm affinity for it since I was a kid.

Edited by Jordan Stiva

Here is a full article on the reboot

This is a bit on the new controller

Guitar Hero Live's controller ditches the brightly-coloured buttons of old for two rows of three more authentic-looking buttons placed on top of each other. On screen, the classic Guitar Hero "highway" is present and correct, with icons that tumble down to the point where the player should press the corresponding button on the guitar peripheral and "strum". Previous Guitar Hero games saw notes fall in five potential positions and corresponding colours. In Guitar Hero Live, notes fall in just three potential positions: left, middle and right, and come in two colours: black and white. On the controller, the bottom row of three buttons represents white and the top row of buttons represents black.

The idea is that newcomers have an easier time getting started with the game, while veterans have a new system to master. At a basic level, Guitar Hero Live can be played with just the bottom three buttons. Medium-level players don't need to worry about moving their fingers up and down the guitar controller neck, which, according to FreeStyleGames, was a skill many players failed to master. And expert players can combine presses of buttons from both rows in what are Guitar Hero's version of real life chords.

guitar-hero-live-goes-first-person-and-l

Edited by TheWho87
  • Like 1

Nope.

Edit: Okay, here's a brief list of why 'nope':

1. There's a learning curve to that 2x3 button layout that is going to irk a lot of first timers or people who are rusty. Doubly so if they don't respond to sliding one finger along both buttons.

2. No mention of soundtrack or if previous games' tunes can be used. I understand they're likely going for the reboot philosophy, but I wonder how people who played the prior games are going to feel about potentially rebuying tracks.

3. I'm very curious as to what price point this will hit. It sounds like they're trying to take a $20-$30 title and spread it across as many formats as possible. I like that idea, but Activision makes me very wary of what they may charge for such a title.

4. They stole the font from Star Trek.