General Gaming Thread

TKz

Picked up Mortal Kombat X despite me being terrible at fighting games. Looks awesome, and it's pretty fun to play. Gonna take some serious time in practice mode to get the most out of it though. I struggle to remember combos when I'm in an actual fight. The factions thing is a neat idea, but it doesn't look like it'll really work out. Lin Kuei has a runaway lead at the moment and I don't see how anything can change it.

Picked up Mortal Kombat X despite me being terrible at fighting games. Looks awesome, and it's pretty fun to play. Gonna take some serious time in practice mode to get the most out of it though. I struggle to remember combos when I'm in an actual fight. The factions thing is a neat idea, but it doesn't look like it'll really work out. Lin Kuei has a runaway lead at the moment and I don't see how anything can change it.

Picked it up too and I'm in the same boat.

Aside from story mode (well, at least in the towers) you can favorite Kombos that will show up on the screen just under your health bar.

• Like 1

I felt like the recent HD release was solid, so I won't completely poop on Robomodo trying this one. They're the 343 to Neversoft's Bungie; never gonna get the love their predecessor did.

So, I have a conundrum. Project Cars doesn't seem to be the racing game I was looking for, while Cities Skylines and Shovel (PC and PS4, respectively) would be cheaper/the same price as CARS.

Gah. Which way to go?!

I felt like the recent HD release was solid, so I won't completely poop on Robomodo trying this one. They're the 343 to Neversoft's Bungie; never gonna get the love their predecessor did.

So, I have a conundrum. Project Cars doesn't seem to be the racing game I was looking for, while Cities Skylines and Shovel (PC and PS4, respectively) would be cheaper/the same price as CARS.

Gah. Which way to go?!

I was really, really, really super hyped for Skylines. But I dunno, it could just be that it's the first city builder I've actually been good at but I'm always rolling in cash and every city seems to do super well, to the point that there doesn't seem to be much challenge. Other players talk about needing to knock out massive roundabouts and complain about traffic but even those issues I somehow avoid. It might just be that I lack the requisite imagination, every city I build is pretty samey.

It's a great game, it's just that once you get through the early struggle of needing to be patient so as to not overspend there isn't a great deal to do in the mid-endgame. Expanded districts would be good where you could set up and micromanage types of industry and meet their needs (tourism, high tech commerce) and stuff like residential districts demanding a shopping mall and stuff would be nice. Or challenge maps, like you build a city in the desert and water is an issue but you generate heaps of power through solar or whatever.

I love the game and it was easily worth the money and it isn't like it feels like it's lacking anything in comparison to other city builders. It's just that I'm finding it easy and because of my lack of imagination can't even focus it into building a different type of city.