General Gaming Thread

TKz

Non disclosure, asshole!

But also, going back to the 'But it's X1 only!' thing, this is EA we're talking about. I know they're pretty buddy buddy with Microsoft but unless they're getting paid off, that's a lot of money to be leaving on the table and I think it's a bit more substantial than say the UT team stuff in FIFA which was MS exclusive.

I'm waiting on an iPad in the next few weeks, so I was interested in some apps/games, obviously. I'm thinking FTL, Year Walk, anddddd possibly The Room. Any more suggestions?

I also wanna get into another couch co-op game with the ladyfriend, since we're stuck in most games we have. We tried Borderlands 2, but our TV was just too damned small to play split-screen comfortably.

We have most of the good Wii U co-op games aside from Rayman and the Virtual Console games, but we have Rayman Origins on 360 anyway.

SO, SUGGEST AWAY.

Hearthstone might be worth a try if either of you are into CCGs. It's on iPad and PC. Of course, there's not really any co-op so to speak, but you can play against each other..

Legendary cards aren't really any better than the rest. There are some staples of the top game meta, but for the most part only 3-4 are worth having. They mostly have downsides too, like Leeroy that summons two minions for the opponent with enough damage to kill Leeroy. It's arguably one of the fairest free to play games out there. Check out Trumps free to play decks for good starting points, he's taken two classes to legendary without spending any money or using any legendary cards.

Remember me posting about how some games at Target last week were 20 dollars?

That sale ended - and all that stuff is now TEN DOLLARS. TEN FUCKING DOLLARS. One controllers, 10 dollars - though they were only priced that, they were still gone from the last insane sale. A friend picked up 3 Wiimotes for less than the price of one. What the hell is going on?

Re: GBA

I don't know what it's like where you are but here, these can be a bit pricey, even just as loose carts. But nevertheless:

Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga (GIVE ME YOUR LIKES, SOUSA)

Astro Boy: Omega Factor

Advance Wars 1/2

Metroid Fusion/Zero Mission

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon/Harmony of Dissonance/Aria of Sorrow

The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap/A Link to the Past

Fire Pro Wrestling 1/2

Those are some of your bigger name titles, plus Fire Pro since we are a wrestling board after all and Astro Boy thrown in there too because that's a cool game. Then, as Robster said, you've got any number of ports on there from the SNES like all the different Marios, Yoshi's Island, Final Fantasy/Tactics, Donkey Kong Country etc etc.

A good bet might be looking at the NeoGAF thread for collecting different GB/GBC/GBA games. Always makes me covet things and they bring up some cool things like little projects they've done to make new covers, boxes, rehousing games in DS cases and modding GBA's with backlights, getting them from resellers such as Rose Coloured Gaming etc etc.