General Gaming Thread

TKz

I need to get round to buying season 1. I played 1 and 2 on 360, as well as The Wolf Among Us Season 1 but obviously my choices etc can't move over, not that they make major differences though which is one of my pet peeves with Telltale Games.

Wrong thread

Edited by OctoberRavenO

I played some Overwatch last night with a full team of 6 and my god, we absolutely destroyed. You have no clue what you can do with a team who knows how to play objectives, communicates and has a well selected roster. There are still a few maps and characters where we fell short due to the other team switching to all Tobjourn and Bastion's - but at the same time, pushing a payload to the goal without it ever being contested is pretty nice as well.

Bastion went from feared foe to joke-unless-he's-ulting real quick.  I'll take one out from across a map with 76 or Mei now.  A good player can still make him a nightmare, but most people just post up somewhere in turret mode and stop paying attention to anything that isn't right in front of them.

I don't have too much of a problem with matchmaking, because its really easy to inflate your level if you aren't trying to actually win the game.  If you see someone who is a level 50, playing only as McCree, odds are good that the only skill they possess is running up to someone, throwing a flash bang and using fan the hammer.  At range, or in any situation where it isn't 1v1, I've seen those guys look like they've never played before.  Happens with Genji too.

It's the level 50+ that only plays Tracer you have to watch out for <_<

So uh... Gone Home is now my second favorite horror game ever behind Eternal Darkness and you should all go get it and play it. It's... just. Wow.

On 6/14/2016 at 01:47, apsham said:

I hate good Tracers and I absolutely despise any Mei.

Mei is fun, I am pretty much always support, it's a personal challenge to try and take her down with a Zenyetta or a Lucio, Mercy's gun is also super effective and surprises a lot of people since they don't seem to realise she has one. Anything turret based is fucking impossible and Zenyetta vs a Widowmaker is just bullshit. 

I'm spoiled now and I really can't enjoy the game without a team of at least 4 people grouped up. A friend and I were playing tonight and lost nearly every match to teams that couldn't communicate, people who couldn't bring themselves to change their character selection choice for anything. When you are sitting there and we're losing a King of the Hill match... playing Tobjourn isn't going to help ANYONE. 

What annoys me is when there's a long distance choke point and everyone switches to snipers and squishy characters and then they get bogged down in a long distance fire fight so you're never actually going to get to the capture point, since even if you swap to Reinhardt they aren't going to follow you in and even if they did they'll get flanked and be useless. In short people still not realising how the game works really pisses me off. Tobjorn can have uses in capture the hill, he's a great distraction and can cover a door for you. It's much more useful than standing 300 metres from the point sniping someone that's instantly healed by their support.

What especially pisses me off though is when I do well as support and then for the next game someone on my team is all 'oh that's easy, I'll be that exact character' so I have to swap, then they're fucking useless at it. Or if someone is Zenyatta they think they need to swap because you're Lucio (or vice-versa), they actually go together well. I can be up the front healing and boosting whilst your Zenyatta discord orbs and snipes from a distance and heals people on the flanks I'm not near. 

I think the experience with Overwatch will get better as the filthy casuals get bored because their elite cod twitchy skills don't apply here. 

I've found so far it's one of the few games I still enjoy even if I don't play great. Im part of a solid group who play way more than me and are able to switch and compensate where I'm lacking. And if I'm doing poorly, I can always switch to Reinhardt and just be the dependable walking shield guy. 

Any recommendations on casual mobile games to play? I've played WWE Supercard, but I switched to an Android and have no desire to continue. Prefer free, but don't mind paying for something.