General Gaming Thread

TKz

I got bummed that Yooka-Laylee is delayed for the Switch but Snake Pass came out yesterday and that game is actually super fun! You control a snake through levels to collect rune stones that unlock the end of the level - and the snake behaves with Real Snake Physics - essentially there's no jump button and when you move you only control the head, so you have to wrap up in things, etc.

On 29/03/2017 at 12:31, Apsham said:

I got bummed that Yooka-Laylee is delayed for the Switch but Snake Pass came out yesterday and that game is actually super fun! You control a snake through levels to collect rune stones that unlock the end of the level - and the snake behaves with Real Snake Physics - essentially there's no jump button and when you move you only control the head, so you have to wrap up in things, etc.

Nothing will beat Snake on The Nokia 3310.

• Like 1

You know what the last thing I want to do while playing a GTA game is, GTA4? Race cars. Now I can't do more shit for Brucie because I can't win a fucking race, especially with  a car that flips more than the entire WWE Cruiserweight division.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, =BK= said:

You know what the last thing I want to do while playing a GTA game is, GTA4? Race cars. Now I can't do more shit for Brucie because I can't win a fucking race, especially with  a car that flips more than the entire WWE Cruiserweight division.

Oh man I remember that race. Massive bullshit is what that was. You basically have to rely on sheer luck.

The GTA5 races are mostly optional, thankfully, and Franklin's special ability makes them easier too.

FUCKING FUCK FUCK!  I read a guide and watched a video and even cheated to start up front and I still can't fucking win so I guess I'm done with Brucie. 

7 hours ago, =BK= said:

FUCKING FUCK FUCK!  I read a guide and watched a video and even cheated to start up front and I still can't fucking win so I guess I'm done with Brucie. 

Are you holding down the accelerator? If so, don't. Take it sort of slowly, especially around corners. You'll win more races going less than full-pelt. Source: was a decent racer in GTA IV.

This next lot of questions is related around the PS store sale, but it is a more open ended than just related to that console.

Batman Arkham Knight for a tenner, is the Bat Mobile stuff really that grim and off-putting?

Which would you recommend more, Skyrim or Witcher 3?

Rise of the Tomb Raider, is it just all platforming or is it as I believe a bit more about survival?

Blood Bowl looks alot of fun, but is it worth it if I don't know much about it or no one to play with on the PS4?

WWE 17, still the same old mess?

Anyone played Lifeless Planet or No Time to Explain?

10 minutes ago, 9 to 5 said:

Batman Arkham Knight for a tenner, is the Bat Mobile stuff really that grim and off-putting? Not really, I loved it - as long as you go first person to drive.

Which would you recommend more, Skyrim or Witcher 3? Witcher 3

Rise of the Tomb Raider, is it just all platforming or is it as I believe a bit more about survival? It's like Uncharted or Last Of Us but I think that the gunplay is a million times better, any kind of survival comes in as either a scenario that you are put in or hunting to get resources to upgrade things, etc.

Blood Bowl looks alot of fun, but is it worth it if I don't know much about it or no one to play with on the PS4? It's a bit tedious to learn but it can be fun, watch a review or something to see if it's for you.

WWE 17, still the same old mess? Improved over last year, but when it came out it was rather glitchy and I don't know how much it has been improved since then. Stuff like load time improvements and overall improvements to the way that matches go make it funner. Depends on the price and how much you want it.

Anyone played Lifeless Planet or No Time to Explain? No Time To Explain is pretty much, basically a flash game you can play on Kongregrate anyways though.

42 minutes ago, 9 to 5 said:

Which would you recommend more, Skyrim or Witcher 3? Skyrim is more fun to play and pick up, but Witcher is more involved and has better stories. I'll come back to Skyrim more, but I think Witcher is actually the better game.

Rise of the Tomb Raider, is it just all platforming or is it as I believe a bit more about survival? No, it's platforming and shooting, there's no actual survival elements of gameplay. Not your kind of game judging by your feelings on Uncharted 4.

All of them are good choices. As far as Blood Bowl goes, the board game is one of the best games ever made and well worth a look at and the computer game is a pretty good version that with the exception of a couple of minor tweaks and missing some of the teams/star players recreates it pretty well. I've not really looked into BB2 as I heard they scrapped the single player "campaign mode" which is where the game shines as you build up teams, level them up and so on because they game is really built for "league play". Online it kind of recreates that as you create teams and play games levelling up players and so on but unless you have a good friend circle chances are you'll play a lot with randoms and the console versions allegedly have a big problem with the "my player failed a dodge I shouldn't have made and got a minor injury" rage quitters but having not played 2 or onlinr recently I can't really speak for that still being a problem.

If you're curious about the game at all it could be worth checking out www.fumbbl.com which while it doesn't look as good, it is free and is a big part of the community that kept the game alive for the last umpteen years before Games Workshop bought it back just before Christmas. Downside is that there's no single player mode for learning the ropes.

12 hours ago, Troy said:

Are you holding down the accelerator? If so, don't. Take it sort of slowly, especially around corners. You'll win more races going less than full-pelt. Source: was a decent racer in GTA IV.

I tried going soft to start but I just get sandwiched by two other cars that allows all the others to get past or my car immediately wants to spinout when I'm in the lead.

8 minutes ago, =BK= said:

I tried going soft to start but I just get sandwiched by two other cars that allows all the others to get past or my car immediately wants to spinout when I'm in the lead.

Never go full speed, three quarters is a happy level. It's been a while since I've played, so I'll give it a spin tomorrow or Sunday and then let you know some tips. :(Y):

As far as the Batmobile goes, the worst thing about it, other than the tedious boss battles, are the fact that all that "nonlethal" stuff would likely cause injuries that, without immediate medical attention, would actually be fatal.

Except for that cannon, which would probably generate enough force to snap the neck of the poor sods who get headshotted by it.

Edited by OctoberRavenO