Download Festival: 2012

Stevie B

I like Symphony X in bits, not sure I could watch their entire set without getting bored but I'll probably check them out if they don't clash. Europe, though? As in:

???

Yes, that Europe. A bloody awesome live act.

Those 12 bands were instead announced tonight for some reason and they are:

Europe

Halestorm

Firewind

Turbonegro

Theory of a Deadman

Stellar Revival

Anti-Nowhere League

Turbowolf

Mallory Knox

The Safety Fire

Emmure

Broken

Delighted to be seeng Halestorm for a third time, great band and it appears they're on right after Fozzy. Theory of a Deadman the only other notable band for me in this one but it adds more quality to an already great line-up as far as I'm concerned.

Europe

Halestorm

Firewind

Turbonegro

Theory of a Deadman

Stellar Revival

Anti-Nowhere League

Turbowolf

Mallory Knox

The Safety Fire

Emmure

Broken

Delighted to be seeng Halestorm for a third time, great band and it appears they're on right after Fozzy. Theory of a Deadman the only other notable band for me in this one but it adds more quality to an already great line-up as far as I'm concerned.

Firewind and Europe make this announcement for me!

Europe

Halestorm

Firewind

Turbonegro

Theory of a Deadman

Stellar Revival

Anti-Nowhere League

Turbowolf

Mallory Knox

The Safety Fire

Emmure

Broken

Me too. I've also heard almost universally bad things about Theory of a Deadman's performances on the recent Alter Bridge/Black Stone Cherry tour, so it might be wise to avoid them.

Europe

Halestorm

Firewind

Turbonegro

Theory of a Deadman

Stellar Revival

Anti-Nowhere League

Turbowolf

Mallory Knox

The Safety Fire

Emmure

Broken

Me too. I've also heard almost universally bad things about Theory of a Deadman's performances on the recent Alter Bridge/Black Stone Cherry tour, so it might be wise to avoid them.

I can confirm Theory of a Deadman were fucking awful on that tour, and are a fucking awful band in general. They make Nickelback's lyrics seem progressive.

They were pretty bland to be honest, certainly not on the level of Alter Bridge or Black Stone Cherry, but I do like a lot of their songs so can hope they'll be better at Download.

Halestorm's new album is out in a couple of weeks, definite purchase that is. Can't wait to see them again after being late to the last Halestorm gig I went to thanks to somebody else's incompetence.

Andy Copping confirmed both Black Spiders and Four Year Strong are also playing.

My ticket's bought so I'm a lock unless something disasterous happens in the next two months. Going for the full 5 days too so if anyone else is could always meet up or something.

That's primarily why I was asking. We should arrange a meet-up on at least one day... maybe for Fozzy or something if we're all going?

I look like getting the train there, does anyone know how much of a pain in the arse that's likely to be?

13 new bands:

Refused

Kids In Glass Houses

Lower Than Atlantis

Four Year Strong

Gallows

Don Broco

Porter Robinson

T. Mills

Fearless Vampire Killers

Kobra and the Lotus

Edguy

Rival Sons

Black Spiders

A few surprisingly big names in there considering the stage the announcement schedule is at now, along with a few not so high-profile additions. T. Mills is really dividing opinion over on the official Download forum, give that he's this year's 'alternative' rap act.